at Gousto in London
Technology, Data Science and AI are at the heart of Gousto. The code we write powers every aspect of our business from the recommendation engine powering our e-commerce experience right down to the genetic algorithms used to efficiently route boxes in our warehouse.
We use the latest technologies to create simple and elegant solutions to complex problems. We’re ‘all in’ on AWS using many of its services. Our platform and continuous delivery pipeline is fully automated using Cloudformation & Ansible, we release code to production multiple times a day and we’re in the process of moving our microservices architecture to containers. We build our services in Python, PHP and Node.js with a significant proportion now delivered via AWS Lambda.
To support this expansion we are hiring a talented and passionate Technical Architect to act as a technical leader in our Web Tribe, which currently consists of two cross-functional 5 person squads. The Technical Architect provides technical leadership to the tribe working in conjunction with an Engineering Manager who will provide the delivery focus and people leadership. The Web Tribe is focussed on maintaining and improving our customer facing website and is predominantly focussed on our business critical metrics of acquisition and retention of customers.
- Act as an owner for our architecture, working hands-on with squads in your tribe to set and move towards our target architecture.
- Lead the evolution of our front-end architecture, ensuring that Gousto stays cutting edge as we continue to grow our team.
- As a senior member of our technology team you work with other senior members to lead technical change by working closely with engineers, rather than sitting in an ivory tower.
- Champion good engineering practices, constantly seeking the right balance between quality and delivery.
- Continuously improve your tribe, focussing on lean and agile best practices to remove waste and focus on both the long and short term technical vision.
- An experienced Technical Architect / Principal Engineer currently providing technical leadership to passionate, cross-functional teams of 5+ people.
- Experience developing with a mobile-first mindset
- Someone who flourishes on seeing their teams performance improve and is never satisfied with the status-quo
- Someone who cares as much about our customers as they do about the technology they use to build systems
- Passionate about quality, security and performance of the technology you work on
- Experienced working in a dynamic environment, relishing the challenges that each new day brings
We are hugely committed to equality of opportunity in all areas of Gousto. We employ over 20 nationalities and think it’s deeply important to have all genders represented in all functions and levels. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation. We know, based on research, that some people are less likely to apply for this role. Please consider the above bullet points as guidance (our perfect candidate may not meet 100% of them) and if you feel you would be suitable for this role then please get in touch.
At Gousto we feel it’s massively important to hire adults and give them the freedom to get things done. We don’t judge your performance by hours at your desk, but by the impact you have. While our office hours are 9am to 6pm, as long as people attend the morning stand-up for their squads the hours are flexible around this. Our only requirement is that you follow our ownership principles and Put Gousto First. Flexible working is widely practiced, but we are not a remote company and the majority of the time should be based in our Shepherd’s Bush office.
- “Tech 10%” – use every other Friday to sharpen your own skills and work on your own projects
- Holidays – Time off for you to enjoy yourself! 22 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 25
- Holiday Purchase – Option to buy up to 5 additional days of annual leave
- Discounted Gousto boxes – 40% staff discount on Gousto boxes and 25% for your family and friends
- Company pension – 2% employer contribution
- Healthy Snacks – fruit and ice cream (ok, or not so healthy) provided every single day to keep you fresh
- End of Week Party – Wine, beer and soft-drinks provided every Friday evening
- Help us test the Product – As many new recipes to test cook as you can handle
- Gym Membership – Free membership of a local gym after 6 months
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular all-company socials – last quarter we played darts at Flight Club and the previous quarter we enjoyed a summer party at Dinnerama
- Quarterly team socials – our most recent two was Axe Throwing and Go-Karting
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.