at Gousto in London
Gousto is one of Europe’s best funded and fastest growing independents. Our business is recipe boxes and our opportunity is enormous – one billion meals are eaten in the UK every week! We’re just scratching the surface on our mission to help families enjoy good food.
Powering our business with cutting edge technology, we use data and tech to put customers first. Artificial intelligence drives everything we do, from the recipes customers see on our website, to how we put the boxes together. We’re proud of our industry-leading product and service, which helps our customer enjoy the good food, they want.
It’s an exciting time to join Gousto. We’ve secured £28 million more funding, launched even more product ranges and continue on our mission to help UK families serve up 400 million tasty and nutritious meals by 2025.
Who you are
With an out & out IT background, you’re the bridge between technology and the business. Working for a consultancy, blue chip or start-up, you’re commercially savvy, you’re used to asking difficult questions and driving the change. You’re a Delivery Manager and you’re a vital part of a Technology function.
You realise you’re not the finished article and that’s fine – this role will enable you to learn and grow, whilst delivering and managing initiatives of vital importance to the business.
What you’ll do
You will be working on developing Gousto’s technology and operations landscape, maximising the value we get from our existing software products and optimising our processes whilst helping to constantly drive our technology forward to create competitive advantage. You will provide complex analytical, business, and technical support related to strategic business functions, process, and applications.
- You will have a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities; from leading technology projects to vendor management.
- Support, drive and challenge business functions across Gousto to deliver maximum operational value.
- Understand Gousto’s process end to end and how they are supported by technology.
- Gather, analyse, document and manages business and/or functional requirements for various initiatives and numerous applications.
- Document user stories and work with business representatives, project managers and product owners to prioritise.
- Manage and develop rollout/release plans for both new applications and upgrades to existing applications.
- Lead or work as an effective member of a project team, exhibiting strong communication skills and be able to work collaboratively.
- Document test cases for application and user acceptance testing.
- Manage key supplier relationships working with them to support and develop our platform.
- A degree in a technical or business subject
- Relevant experience with technology implementation / change delivery
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical ability
- Proven experience using a range of agile project management methods
- Proven experience balancing multiple priorities and dealing with ambiguity in a dynamic and changing environment
We are hugely committed to equality of opportunity in all areas of Gousto. We employ over 20 nationalities and think it’s deeply important to have all genders represented in all functions and levels. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation. We know, based on research, that some people are less likely to apply for this role. Please consider the above bullet points as guidance (our perfect candidate may not meet 100% of them) and if you feel you would be suitable for this role then please get in touch.
At Gousto we feel it’s massively important to hire adults and give them the freedom to get things done. We don’t judge your performance by hours at your desk, but by the impact you have. Our only requirement is that you follow our ownership principles and Put Gousto First. Flexible working is widely practiced, but we are not a remote company and the majority of the time should be based in our Shepherd’s Bush office.
- Holidays – Time off for you to enjoy yourself! 22 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 25
- Holiday Purchase – Option to buy up to 5 additional days of annual leave
- Discounted Gousto boxes – 40% staff discount on Gousto boxes and 25% for your family and friends
- Company pension – 2% employer contribution
- Healthy Snacks – fruit and ice cream (ok, or not so healthy) provided every single day to keep you fresh
- End of Week Party – Wine, beer and soft-drinks provided every Friday evening
- Help us test the Product – As many new recipes to test cook as you can handle
- Gym Membership – Free membership of a local gym after 6 months
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular all-company socials – last quarter we played darts at Flight Club and the previous quarter we enjoyed a summer party at Dinnerama
- Quarterly team socials – our most recent two was Axe Throwing and Go-Karting
Recent jobs at Gousto
- Lead Software Engineer at Gousto in London 23-11-2018
- Marketing Intern at Gousto in London 26-11-2018
- Backend Software Engineer at Gousto in London 26-11-2018
- IT Support Engineer at Gousto in London 26-11-2018
- Head of Software Engineering at Gousto in London 26-11-2018
- Technical Architect at Gousto in London 26-11-2018
- Strategic Transformation Manager at Gousto in London 26-11-2018
- People (HR) Operations Assistant at Gousto in London 26-11-2018
- Proposition Innovation Manager at Gousto in London 26-11-2018
- Innovation Strategy Manager at Gousto in London 26-11-2018
- Food Development Director at Gousto in London 26-11-2018
- Senior Frontend Software Engineer at Gousto in London 26-11-2018
- Platform Engineer at Gousto in London 26-11-2018
- Agile Coach at Gousto in London 26-11-2018
- Senior Backend Software Engineer at Gousto in London 26-11-2018
- Digital Product Analyst at Gousto in London 26-11-2018