Strategic Transformation Manager
at Gousto in London
A well-funded independent company, with ambitious plans to expand, Gousto is looking for a dedicated Strategic Transformation Manager to join our team. There’s never been a better time to join us, so if you enjoy working alongside smart thinkers, with extraordinary drive, passion and talent, then apply now!
Recipe box company, Gousto, is one of the most dynamic and fast-growing start-ups in the UK. On a mission to help families enjoy good food, we believe home cooking is important, so we’ve made it simple. We take the hassle out of planning, shopping and cooking, by delivering weekly meals with the ingredients and recipes ready to cook, so there’s no more ‘what’s for dinner’ panic.
Shaping the future of Gousto The Strategic Transformation Manager sits in the Proposition team, driving significant product innovation that further disrupts the industry and changes our customers lives for the better. A highly “hands on” role, this person will lead the key strategic projects that support our ambitious growth targets and use data, insight and financial modelling to influence multiple stakeholders and drive the right prioritisation decisions. Reporting to the Head of Proposition Projects and Delivery, and managing one direct report, the successful candidate will be able to build and develop a team and successfully deliver complex programmes of work in a high pace environment.
- “Making it Happen” working with teams to find solutions to complex problems which we and our customer care deeply about, such as analysis into how to solve our plastic packaging challenge.
- Lead delivery of key strategic transformations enabled through artificial intelligence, customisation and personalisation that will drive the most value for our customers in the next 12 months
- Set up and run cross functional project teams with Digital Product, Marketing, Brand and Operations Development to drive the programme forward.
- Prioritise resource efforts with the Digital Product and Finance team to ensure we focus our efforts on projects that have the biggest impact on our strategic objectives
- Break down complex deliverables into clear achievable steps that are understood by our teams.
- Set what good looks like for projects, leading assessments post launch to ensure we continue learning and improve our delivery capability
Strategic Planning & Prioritisation
- Collaborate with the management team in setting our proposition roadmap ensuring we are aligned on where we focus our efforts with key teams in Tech, Digital Product and Food.
- “Think Big” with our proposition strategy team to turn insight into action across the business
- Develop business cases and project assessments to ensure we prioritise initiatives that move the needle on KPIs
Who you are?
An ambitious self starter who loves high levels of autonomy and leads change with a real bias for action. You have 4+ years of experience in consumer facing product, consulting or in a strategy function at a top-tier FMCG or retail organisation. You’ve delivered customer-facing cross functional change projects and have left significant legacy in previous roles. You build relationships at all levels of an organisation through great communication skills that drive engagement on the initiative that you are working on. People come to you to help solve complex problems and you are regularly called upon you for your cross functional expertise. A process optimizer who constantly challenges the status quo, you are highly commercial and regularly use data to drive action.
- 22 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 25
- Option to buy up to 5 additional days of annual leave
- Coffee, tea, ice cream and fruit provided every single day to keep you fresh
- Wine, beer and soft-drinks provided every Friday evening
- As many new recipes to test cook as you can handle
- 40% staff discount on Gousto boxes and 25% for your family and friends
- Gym membership after 6 months
- Childcare vouchers
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular all-company socials
We are hugely committed to equality of opportunity in all areas of Gousto. We employ over 20 nationalities and think it’s deeply important to have both genders represented in all functions and levels. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation.