People (HR) Operations Assistant
at Gousto in London
Gousto is the UK’s leading recipe box company delivering precise ingredients, delicious recipes and a dollop of adventure to thousands of homes across the UK.
As one of Europe’s fastest growing independent companies, you’ll be part of an exciting, expanding team and trailblazing company.
Food and tech is at the heart of what we do. Using industry-leading technology, we’ve connected over 6 million people to delicious food so far. By 2025 we’ll have delivered 400 million delicious meals to dinner tables across the country… and we’re only just getting started.
Join us and let’s dream big and deliver bigger. Unbox possibility!!!
Who you are
You are a people person and you get energized by them! You have previous experience within a Human Resources team, ideally in a fast-paced startup or similar. You want to make a positive difference in people’s lives and move your career forward.
What you’ll do
- You will support all things People and help to improve and support the Goustonian’s journey with us. From Recruitment, Onboarding, new processes and policies compliance, helping organising events and anything People in between!
- Manage all people documentation; employment contracts, job offer letters, addendums, maternity/paternity leave letters, resignation acknowledgement, reference and employment letters, etc
- Keeping all HR templates up to dates at all times
- Ensure documents Compliance; Right to Work, Maternity Documents, Sickness, etc and run regular audits
- Maintenance of employee data on our HR system and employee files, maintaining accuracy on T&C’s including visas and PR expirations
- Managing onboarding and offboarding administration
- Organizing new starter People team and whole company inductions, setting up desks and equipment on the first day, booking 1st-month interviews
- Manage our Gousto Buddy scheme
- Manage the welcome kit, including stock of key cards/hoodies/notepad etc
- Benefits administration
- Helping with recruitment; uploading job descriptions to workable, sending aptitude tests and ensuring we are within regulations
- Celebration of work anniversaries & Birthdays
- Trainer for our IT policy and GDPR
- Providing cover for the Office Manager & People Ops Manager
- Organized, able to work accurately and with great attention to detail
- Approachable, confident, with great interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude.
- Knowledge of Employment Laws and best practices
- Tech savvy, comfortable using Google apps
- Passion for the people profession with high levels of integrity and confidentiality
Extra skills we’d love
- Understanding of benefits administration; End to end recruitment; People analytics metrics; Payroll.
- Bachelor degree in Business or HR Management
- CIPD qualified or studying towards certification
- Holidays – 22 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 25 days
- Option to buy up to 5 additional days of annual leave
- Discounted Gousto boxes – 40% staff discount on Gousto boxes and 25% for your family and friends
- Coffee/ Tea, fruit and ice cream provided every single day to keep you fresh
- Friday social – Wine, beer and soft-drinks
- Help test new recipes at home
- Gym Membership
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Quarterly team socials and mixed team events
Equal opportunity is hugely important to us, across all areas of Gousto. Currently in our team there are over 20 nationalities and it’s deeply important to us to have all genders represented in all functions and levels. We treat all individuals in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation.
You’re a confident self-starter, able to juggle multiple projects in a dynamic, exciting and entrepreneurial environment. You’re initiative and a problem-solver with an eagle eye for detail. You’ll consistently go the extra mile to apply and achieve a high standard across everything you do.
Dream – Today’s good is tomorrow’s mediocre. We’re always looking for ways to improve Gousto, our team and ourselves.
Deliver – We understand where we can add the most value and obsess about making improvements every day.
Care – We can only achieve big things by working collaboratively. We respect different people’s skills, experience and points of view. We work as one team.