Innovation Strategy Manager
at Gousto in London
Gousto is the UK’s leading recipe box company delivering precise ingredients, delicious recipes and a dollop of adventure to thousands of homes across the UK.
As one of Europe’s fastest growing independent companies, you’ll be part of an exciting, expanding team and trailblazing company.
Food and tech is at the heart of what we do. Using industry-leading technology, we’ve connected over 6 million people to delicious food so far. By 2025 we’ll have delivered 400 million delicious meals to dinner tables across the country… and we’re only just getting started.
Who you are
- A brand-led innovator, you’re someone who obsesses about the customer. You use data and insight to determine who they are, their attitudes and needs, and what propositions we should develop to drive the best customer experience.
- You understand how to translate insight into brilliant strategies for our in-house food and digital product teams to develop and deliver. You can cut through the noise to prioritise what’s right, test new ideas and articulate them in a compelling way for our performance marketing teams to sell.
What you’ll do
- Identify the largest value creation opportunities that Gousto can meet through an obsession with understanding customer needs & motivations
- Concept development of new food or service propositions, testing to prioritise the biggest value creation, and maximise customer acquisition & retention
- Business case development of the most promising concepts, to translate these into project plans. Partner with the Project Management & Digital Product teams to see these through to market and the Growth Marketing team to ensure that these are communicated through to customers.
- Inspire the organization with your vision, sharing your passion and excitement for your work, with the ability to convince the leadership team to be thrilled with the outcome,
- Bachelor’s Degree (2.1 min) from a top-tier university required, ideally in Business, Marketing or a related field. MBA preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in FMCG or consumer-focused digital product, with excellent performance track record managing strategic planning through robust processes and high intuitive commerciality.
- Highly numerate with broad commercial understanding and judgment is critical to be able to provide creative solutions.
- Able to quickly build and sustain strong working relationships across the organisation
- Ability to work in highly volatile and a fast-changing environment – experience of working in a start-up/ scale-up/ high-growth business an advantage.
- Proven track record of driving growth through innovative marketing strategies
- Ability to lead, develop and inspire a team of project managers & cross-functional teams who will deliver proposition changes
- Ability to prioritise and make sound judgements
- Passionate about food
Extra skills we’d love
- Experience gained in a start-up/ small business/ emerging market environment is desirable
- Experience of both physical & digital product development
- Experience using Google Suite for business
You’re a confident self-starter, able to juggle multiple projects in a dynamic, exciting and entrepreneurial environment. You’re initiative and a problem-solver with an eagle eye for detail. You’ll consistently go the extra mile to apply and achieve a high standard across everything you do.
Dream – Today’s good is tomorrow’s mediocre. We’re always looking for ways to improve Gousto, our team and ourselves.
Deliver – We understand where we can add the most value and obsess about making improvements every day.
Care – We can only achieve big things by working collaboratively. We respect different people’s skills, experience and points of view. We work as one team.
- Holidays – 22 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 25 days
- Option to buy up to 5 additional days of annual leave
- Discounted Gousto boxes – 40% staff discount on Gousto boxes and 25% for your family and friends
- Coffee/ Tea, fruit and ice cream provided every single day to keep you fresh
- Friday social – Wine, beer and soft-drinks
- Help test new recipes at home
- Gym Membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Quarterly team socials and mixed team events
Equal opportunity is hugely important to us, across all areas of Gousto. Currently in our team there are over 20 nationalities and it’s deeply important to us to have all genders represented in all functions and levels. We treat all individuals in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation.
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.