at Gousto in London
Technology, Data Science and AI are at the heart of Gousto. The code we write powers every aspect of our business from the recommendation engine powering our e-commerce experience right down to the genetic algorithms used to efficiently route boxes in our warehouse.
We use the latest technologies to create simple and elegant solutions to complex problems. We’re ‘all in’ on AWS using many of its services. Our platform and continuous delivery pipeline is fully automated using Cloudformation & Ansible, we release code to production multiple times a day and we’re in the process of moving our microservices architecture to containers. We build our services in Python, PHP and Node.js with a significant proportion now delivered via AWS Lambda.
To support this growth, we’re looking for an experienced and hugely talented Senior Platform Engineer to help us take our technology platform to the next level. You’ll be involved in enhancing our automated deployment pipelines, improving our monitoring and alerting capability and other large scale projects that will transform our platform into the future.
- Work as part of the Platform Engineering team developing features and maintaining the existing code base
- Work closely with the Platform Lead to design, plan and introduce new technologies on to our platform (Strong focus on introducing a containerisation platform by the end of 2018)
- Support Junior Platform Engineers and the Gousto development squads
- Focus on improving the platform’s capability, stability and performance
Do you have:
- A deep knowledge of AWS (Cloudformation, Ec2, RDS, Lambda)
- Experience in building and supporting deployment pipelines (Jenkins, Bamboo, CircleCI)
- Experience of supporting Production platforms running in a Cloud environment (AWS, Azure or Google Cloud)
- Experience in configuration management or automation tooling (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Knowledge and experience of Containerisation technologies (Kubernetes, ECS, Docker Swarm, Nomad)
- Experience in Scripting Bash or Python
We are hugely committed to equality of opportunity in all areas of Gousto. We employ over 20 nationalities and think it’s deeply important to have all genders represented in all functions and levels. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation. We know, based on research, that some people are less likely to apply for this role. Please consider the above bullet points as guidance (our perfect candidate may not meet 100% of them) and if you feel you would be suitable for this role then please get in touch.
At Gousto we feel its massively important to hire adults and give them the freedom to get things done. We don’t judge your performance by hours at your desk, but by the impact you have. While our office hours are 9am to 6pm, as long as people attend the morning stand-up for their squads the hours are flexible around this. Our only requirement is that you follow our ownership principles and Put Gousto First. Flexible working is widely practiced, but we are not a remote company and the majority of the time should be based in our Shepherd’s Bush office.
- “Tech 10%” – use every other Friday to sharpen your own skills and work on your own projects
- Holidays – Time off for you to enjoy yourself! 22 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 25
- Holiday Purchase – Option to buy up to 5 additional days of annual leave
- Discounted Gousto boxes – 40% staff discount on Gousto boxes and 25% for your family and friends
- Company pension – 2% employer contribution
- Healthy Snacks – fruit and ice cream (ok, or not so healthy) provided every single day to keep you fresh
- End of Week Party – Wine, beer and soft-drinks provided every Friday evening
- Help us test the Product – As many new recipes to test cook as you can handle
- Gym Membership – Free membership of a local gym after 6 months
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular all-company socials – last quarter we played darts at Flight Club and the previous quarter we enjoyed a summer party at Dinnerama
- Quarterly team socials – our most recent two was Axe Throwing and Go-Karting