at Gousto in London
We believe home cooking is important. But in today’s busy world, it’s often the first thing to go. With Gousto, you choose recipes you’d like to cook and ta-dah! We deliver the perfectly measured ingredients. Skip the supermarket queue, and create delicious meals to share with those you love.
Technology, Data Science and AI are at the heart of Gousto. The code we write powers every aspect of our business from the recommendation engine powering our e-commerce experience right down to the genetic algorithms used to efficiently route boxes in our warehouse.
We use the latest technologies to create simple and elegant solutions to complex problems. We’re ‘all in’ on AWS using many of its services. Our platform and continuous delivery pipeline is fully automated using Cloudformation & Ansible, we release code to production multiple times a day and we’re in the process of moving our microservices architecture to containers. We build our services in Python, PHP and Node.js with a significant proportion now delivered via AWS Lambda.
To support our expansion, we are hiring a growth oriented and passionate Agile Coach to join one of our growing Engineering Tribes. The Agile Coach will play a pivotal role in the evolution and maturity of Agile at Gousto, working closely with: CTO, Head of Engineering, VP Digital Product, Engineering Managers, Engineers & Product Managers.
We obsess about making improvements every day and expect our squads to constantly strive for this, to help them achieve this we look to our Agile Coaches. Specifically, working with our squads to enable them to deliver increased business value and faster time to market.
You will work with cross-functional, co-located teams within one of our tribes and use a combination of coaching, mentoring, facilitation and training to help the tribe deliver increased business value through agility.
What you’ll do (job duties and responsibilities)
- Champion and embody the Lean-Agile core values and promote their usage across the organisation acting as an Agile change agent
- Facilitate Scrum ceremonies for the squads in the tribe
- Coach the Tribe in self-organisation and cross-functionality
- Support the efficient flow of work through teams by helping them remove obstacles and make improvements
- Cultivate trust through personal and team relationships with a range of product owners
- Be a true servant leader working across multiple teams and multiple products
- Assist product owners to handle their Product Backlogs effectively
- Support Lean and Agile thinking as the norm and help foster a culture of continuous improvement
- Teach teams to monitor progress within and across sprints using effective metrics
What are we looking for?
- Whilst recognised certification from the Scrum Alliance (Certified Scrum Master, Certified Product Owner, Certified Agile Coach etc.) are valuable more value is placed on the diversity of coaching experiences that can be demonstrated or evidenced
- Have a rich set of facilitation, training and coaching tools and models
- Previous experience building and facilitating workshops and retrospectives for multiple development teams
- Self-directing and comfortable with uncertainty
- An authority in Agile methodologies – employing pragmatism over rules
- Capable of quickly becoming recognised as an ally of the team and can develop trust within the organisation
- Experience in multiple roles of an Agile team
- Experienced working in a dynamic environment, relishing the challenges that each new day brings
We are hugely committed to equality of opportunity in all areas of Gousto. We employ over 20 nationalities and think it’s extremely important to have all genders represented in all functions and levels. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation.
At Gousto we feel it’s massively important to hire adults and give them the freedom to get things done. We don’t judge your performance by hours at your desk, but by the impact you have. While our office hours are 9am to 6pm, as long as people attend the morning stand-up for their squads the hours are flexible around this. Our only requirement is that you follow our ownership principles and Put Gousto First. Flexible working is widely practiced, but we are not a remote company and the majority of the time should be based in our Shepherd’s Bush office.
- “Tech 10%” – use every other Friday to sharpen your own skills and work on your own projects
- Holidays – Time off for you to enjoy yourself! 22 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 25
- Holiday Purchase – Option to buy up to 5 additional days of annual leave
- Discounted Gousto boxes – 40% staff discount on Gousto boxes and 25% for your family and friends
- Company pension – 1% employer rising to 2% in April 2018
- Healthy Snacks – fruit and ice cream (ok, or not so healthy) provided every single day to keep you fresh
- End of Week Party – Wine, beer and soft-drinks provided every Friday evening
- Help us test the Product – As many new recipes to test cook as you can handle
- Gym Membership – Free membership of a local gym after 6 months
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular all-company socials – last quarter we played darts at Flight Club and the previous quarter we enjoyed a summer party at Dinnerama
- Quarterly team socials – our most recent was Axe Throwing
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.