Digital Product Analyst
at Gousto in London
Gousto is the UK’s leading recipe box company delivering precise ingredients, delicious recipes and a dollop of adventure to thousands of homes across the UK.
As one of Europe’s fastest growing independent companies, you’ll be part of an exciting, expanding team and trailblazing company.
Food and tech is at the heart of what we do. Using industry-leading technology, we’ve connected over 6 million people to delicious food so far. By 2025 we’ll have delivered 400 million delicious meals to dinner tables across the country… and we’re only just getting started.
Who you are
You have strong analytical skills, great judgement, attention to detail, and a commitment to getting to the answer. You have the talent to own our digital reporting and ambition to further grow the businesses capabilities. You understand statistics and behavioural data and can combine them to tell a compelling story which you effectively communicate to peers, C-Level and in trading meetings. You are realistic and proactive, you operate a flexible system that can react quickly to changes and bring a positive attitude to your work lifting up those around you.
What you’ll do
This role is diverse, it ranges from doing data modelling and behavioural analysis, to working closely with POs and Developers in planning sprints and roadmaps. With millions of rows of data behind you, you’ve got an opportunity to have a big impact on the business. For example, you could design a hypothesis based on the insight gained from the Sign-Up flow, work with POs to put this theory into action with an AB test on the site (using Optimizely) then subsequently provide guidance on test significance, selection bias and roadmaps.
There’ll be endless opportunities to hone your query optimisation and data skills when Data Modelling. Using our ETL process tool (Airflow), you’ll add structure to our unstructured events data (from Snowplow). This will be leveraged by less proficient SQL users to gain insight from our digital data or when building in-depth reports on the health of our data and products.
And last but not least, you’ll be a part of ensuring Gousto becomes even more data driven as we grow. Using your vast knowledge around data you’ll work alongside developers to ensure data is tracked in a way that it is scalable for our reporting tools and is in the simplest format for Analysis.
Working with our Senior DP analyst, the rest of the analytics team and other key stakeholders the scope of the role is significant. Even now we’re just scratching the surface so you’ll have the opportunity to take the role in whichever way is best for the company and for you.
- 2+ years experience in digital product analytics (or similar)
- Excellent SQL skills
- Mathematical degree (e.g. Maths, Stats, Physics, Chemistry, Engineering)
- Experience with ETL and query optimisation
- Good organisation and communication skills
- Proactive – actively looks to improve processes and questions assumptions
- Commitment for understanding of both the business and consumer aspects of our product.
- Analytical horsepower: you can fetch the data you need, understand it and tell an airtight story around it.
Extra skills we’d like
- Experience in online testing / optimisation (e.g. Optimizely)
- Experience working with tools such as Snowplow, Indicative or similar
- Experience with R or python or similar programming language
- Experience working in Ecommerce
You’re a confident self-starter, able to juggle multiple projects in a dynamic, exciting and entrepreneurial environment. You take initiative and are a problem-solver with an eagle eye for detail. You’ll consistently go the extra mile to apply and achieve a high standard across everything you do.
Dream – Today’s good is tomorrow’s mediocre. We’re always looking for ways to improve Gousto, our team and ourselves.
Deliver – We understand where we can add the most value and obsess about making improvements every day.
Care – We can only achieve big things by working collaboratively. We respect different people’s skills, experience and points of view. We work as one team.
- Holidays – 22 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 25 days
- Option to buy up to 5 additional days of annual leave
- Discounted Gousto boxes – 40% staff discount on Gousto boxes and 25% for your family and friends
- Coffee/ Tea, fruit and ice cream provided every single day to keep you fresh
- Friday social – Wine, beer and soft-drinks
- Help test new recipes at home
- Gym Membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Quarterly team socials and mixed team events
Equal opportunity is hugely important to us, across all areas of Gousto. Currently in our team there are over 20 nationalities and it’s deeply important to us to have all genders represented in all functions and levels. We treat all individuals in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation.
Recent jobs at Gousto
- Lead Software Engineer at Gousto in London 23-11-2018
- Marketing Intern at Gousto in London 26-11-2018
- Backend Software Engineer at Gousto in London 26-11-2018
- IT Support Engineer at Gousto in London 26-11-2018
- Head of Software Engineering at Gousto in London 26-11-2018
- Technical Architect at Gousto in London 26-11-2018
- Delivery Manager at Gousto in London 26-11-2018
- Strategic Transformation Manager at Gousto in London 26-11-2018
- People (HR) Operations Assistant at Gousto in London 26-11-2018
- Proposition Innovation Manager at Gousto in London 26-11-2018
- Innovation Strategy Manager at Gousto in London 26-11-2018
- Food Development Director at Gousto in London 26-11-2018
- Senior Frontend Software Engineer at Gousto in London 26-11-2018
- Platform Engineer at Gousto in London 26-11-2018
- Agile Coach at Gousto in London 26-11-2018
- Senior Backend Software Engineer at Gousto in London 26-11-2018