Data and Insight Analyst
at SportPursuit in London
(₤25000 per year)
We’re looking for a Data and Insight Analyst to join our BI and Analytics team.
We’re an ecommerce business continually making rapid data-driven decisions and we need you to help us continue to improve the quality of data, access to data and analysis of data to deliver insights which are fundamental to the ongoing success of SportPursuit.
The BI and Analytics team works closely with Commercial and Technical teams to deliver insight and reports to all departments across the business in a consistent, timely and efficient way without the need to run their own SQL queries.
This role will be varied and challenging, but will include:
1) Building Consistent Centralised Reporting
Use our BI tool BOARD to
Maintain and enhance real time reporting for our Trading and Customer Service teams.
Automate daily/weekly/monthly reporting to monitor business performance for all teams.
2) Delivering Insight
Provide analytical insight for commercial owners across the business to both inform and support operational and strategic decision making.
Deliver ad hoc bespoke analysis and field queries to help them answer key commercial questions.
Analyse web analytics data and provide insight on the likely explanations behind deviances with actionable suggestions for improvements.
3) Supporting on Data Driven Projects
Essential skills and experience
- Excellent analytical and numeracy skills
- Ideally you’ll have studied a highly numerate degree subject
- Passion for data and accuracy
- Very logical and very detailed!
- Curiosity and a desire to learn new things
- Desire to automate, simplify and improve
- Strong understanding of online universe
- Good written and verbal communication skills, comfortable explaining simple conclusions from complex analysis to anyone across the business
- Ability to prioritise workload and juggle multiple tasks
- Advanced Excel and advanced SQL preferred, and some experience of Python or R would be a bonus
- Workplace pension – we’re set up with The Peoples Pension to make sure we’re contributing to help you save for retirement.
- Holiday – 22 days of holiday a year, and we encourage you take it. We’ll also throw in an extra day off for your birthday.
- Food & Drink – Hobnobs, tea and coffee, plus all the toast and peanut butter you can eat.
- Socials – A social budget which grows every time we hit budget, with a social team that just loves using it!
- The Workspace complex – kitted out with showers, a cafe, and a Pure Gym.
- Culture – if you love being active you’ll love our office, with yoga once a week, running clubs and our annual sports day.
- Cycle to Work, season ticket loan scheme, childcare vouchers and more!
SportPursuit is a fast paced, entrepreneurial team where self starters have an opportunity to make a huge impact in one of the internet’s fastest growing sports businesses. We’re a dedicated and passionate team who work hard to make things happen. If you’re ambitious and talented, and want to shape the future of the business but don’t mind getting your hands dirty this could be just the place for you.
Recent jobs at SportPursuit
- Senior Accounts Payable at SportPursuit in London 05-12-2018