Head of Marketing - Tech Focused Scale Up EC2
at Skills Matter in London
We are looking for a Senior Marketing professional to join our team as Head of Marketing.
You will set direction for, manage and, where required, recruit a talented team of marketing experts who are responsible for each channel, and dive in and help them when needed.
You will be responsible for developing and owning marketing strategies to grow awareness and subscription to Skills Matter across all platforms and channels, focusing primarily on the UK, but with overall responsibility for our traffic growth & brand globally.
Ultimately, you will run our Marketing department in ways that promote higher profitability and competitiveness
If you’re a skilled Marketing strategist, able to inspire your team members, we’d like to meet you.
• Lead all Skills Matter marketing activities.
• Provide leadership for the marketing team, run weekly meetings, reporting and 1-2-1’s.
• You will spread best practise and implement scalable processes within and beyond your team.
• Build marketing plans per product to support the development of traffic to hit both traffic and revenue targets.
• Cultivate our positioning, messaging and branding to inform our community and enterprises.
• Develop, measure and optimise the marketing channel mix, with a focus on organic growth strategies that speak natively to our community and clients.
• Determine where to focus spend and team time for greatest ROI across a range of activities and marketing channels.
• Maintain awareness of marketing trends and their potential for commercial application.
• Work within a set budget while ensuring that the marketing strategy is successfully executed.
• Project management for rapid iteration and release of marketing projects.
• Coordinate the marketing team, and other department heads when other resources are needed, to ensure marketing campaigns are delivered on time and on budget.
• Report on SaaS metrics including Acquisition, Activation, Retention, Revenue and Referral.
• Set ambitious traffic targets – and then find a way to hit and exceed them.
• Set, monitor and report on team goals.
• Help develop tools and automation to make marketing team more effective.
• Outsource activities where appropriate.
• Primarily we are looking for a Strong People manager so you will have Significant Line/People Management experience in a marketing role, with the ability to set, prioritise and communicate goals.
• Strong experience in a Head of Marketing or equivalent role in the B2B SaaS space, ideally in a start up or scale up environment.
• Extensive B2B marketing experience, including digital, ideally in a start up or scale up.
• Degree Qualified or equivalent in marketing, communications or related discipline.
• Demonstrable experience of running successful marketing campaigns.
• Ability to credibly market to technical and business audiences, from start ups to SME’s to Enterprise companies.
• Recognise the role that marketing holds in the customer journey and understand the need to work cross-functionally with product and sales teams.
• You will have experience working in an Agile environment and prefer to ship, collect feedback, and iterate quickly.
• Can deal with pressure in a fast paced environment.
• Able to communicate effectively both internally and externally with people at all levels.
• Extremely passionate and driven.
• Experience in a Freemium, Premium or Subscription based organisation.
• MSc or equivalent in Marketing or Communication.
• An understanding or experience of StrengthsFinder/ CliftonStrengths.
You MUST be eligible to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role.
Strictly NO Agencies
Recent jobs at Skills Matter
- IT Support Engineer - Tech Focused Scale up at Skills Matter in London 11-12-2018