at FloodFlash in London
(₤35000 - ₤40000 per year)
Job Title: Marketing Manager
Salary: £35,000 – £40,000 plus flexible working and stock options as part of the package
Located: Waterloo with flexible working options
Ideal start date: January 2019
FloodFlash is an insurance startup, created to help the millions of homes and businesses around the world that can’t get access to affordable flood protection. We offer ‘event-based’ insurance, where a settlement is contingent only on the occurrence of a flood, rather than the sum of damages that it causes.
Backed by some great VC investors who share our vision for the growth (and impact) of this kind of insurance, we are just over a year old.
You’ll be responsible for the overall creation and execution of our marketing and content strategy. You’ll be promoting our brand and focusing on accelerating growth. We are also hiring an Account Executive who has insurance sector expertise and relationships, and we expect you to work in tandem with them to excel in this role.
What we’d like you to do:
- Use your marketing and/or product specialist expertise to create high-quality sales and product material, both in print and online
- Develop compelling marketing and editorial content to drive top-of-funnel growth
- Build and launch campaigns to drive awareness of our product and, ultimately, sales
- Define and test different user-acquisition and retention strategies
- Report on strategic insights that can be used across the team, such as best performing messaging, audiences, and more
- Focus heavily on distribution – even the best content doesn’t get in front of people by itself
- Use all of the above to develop our content base and brand as we look to scale in the UK, US, and beyond
We expect you to have the following expertise, skills and personality:
- Previous experience in a marketing or product specialist role
- Proven ability to produce compelling copy
- Excellent creativity and sense of visual design
- Passion for using technology to expand marketing reach and drive strategic insights
- Willingness to engage with the role at every level in the marketing funnel, from lead generation through to sales
- You are always learning, you love a fast-paced team environment
- You consistently get stuff done
Our Salary and Benefits package includes:
- Salary from £35,000 – £45,000 depending on experience
- Employee stock options scheme
- Flexible working arrangements which mean you can start later or finish earlier or work from home once a week – we focus on outcomes and not a presenteeism culture!
- An opportunity to fast track your experience, responsibility and skills, and to influence the development of a fast-growing startup
- Send your CV across
- Our colleague, Helen, will be in touch with a little more info such as our job description which has more detail
- Initial video interview
- Marketing assignment for you to show us your skills (above and beyond your CV)
- Our hiring process will also include opportunities to meet our team, have coffee, discuss our team’s backgrounds and what makes them tick. After all, this is a two-way process for you to explore whether we’re right for you and vice versa as we make our 2019 growth plans a reality.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.