Content and social media manager - Deals website
at Save the Student in London
Do you LOVE hunting for deals? Save the Student are on a quest to find a full-time Deals Editor to join their crew in East London (or remote for the right candidate).
Founded in 2007, Save the Student (https://www.savethestudent.org) is now the UK’s largest student money and deals website, serving over 3 million monthly visits.
Researching and organising great deals for our community is at the heart of what we do.
Every day we share the best offers and discounts from hundreds of brands with thousands of students, across our website, email and multiple social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp).
We are looking for an ambitious self-starter to take ownership of these channels and take our deals content to the next level.
Come and join a friendly and experienced team, making digital waves from a 60ft open-plan yacht moored in a vibrant Canary Wharf dock!
We are also open to strong applicants from outside London.
You will be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Researching and verifying new deals and offers relevant to our audience
- Writing engaging and concise content to explain each deal
- Ensuring all published deals are accurate and up to date
- Engaging with and growing our community: Email, Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Twitter
- Creating eye-catching graphics (using templates)
- Liaising with leading brands and retailers about offers
- Producing and analysing performance reports
- Pitching new ideas
Only apply if you:
- Are passionate about deal hunting and a frequent user of deals websites
- Write flawless English (grammar and spelling) in an engaging way
- Follow current pop culture (for youth references/images)
- Have been to university
- Are able to stick to tight deadlines
- Enjoy helping people
- Have a GSOH (at risk of sounding like a lonely hearts ad)
- Are happy to work alongside our friendly office dog (Harry the Havanese)!
… and experience in the following is desirable:
- Affiliate marketing
- Facebook page management
- WordPress and basic HTML
This is a rare opportunity to be at the forefront of creative decisions and have your deals seen by millions. If this all sounds up your alley, we want to hear from you!
What to expect at Save the Student:
We’re a highly experienced and sociable team making digital waves from our own yacht, safely moored in a vibrant dock just 15 seconds from a DLR station and 10 minutes from Canary Wharf.
Our office motto is “work like a captain, play like a pirate” – but we promise the boat-related puns end there (although probably knot).
You’ll have one-to-one meetings every week as well as bi-annual performance reviews.
And every morning you’ll be greeted by our adorable office dog Harry, a Havanese (Google it) that loves everybody!
The office space is open-plan on the first deck, mid-deck is home to a games/TV area, ping-pong table, kitchen and lounge… and then there’s the roof terrace, which comes with some amazing views.
Fridays mean beers, gins and occasionally a Deliveroo lunch. Plus every month the whole team takes half a day off to do something fun in London!
Read about our journey: https://www.savethestudent.org/student-jobs/10-years-sts.html
Monday – Friday 9am – 5.30pm
Competitive (dependent on experience)
Remote working is open for the right candidate.
How to apply:
Sound like your dream job? Here’s what you need to do:
- Contain your excitement, take 3 deep breaths… focus
- Write 500 words on what makes you the best candidate for this position
- Tell us about 2 of the best deals you’ve come across recently
- Attach your favourite meme (of all time)
- Attach an up-to-date CV
Send the above via email (and include the word deals in the subject line).
Thanks for your interest, we hope to hear from you very soon!