Junior Digital Content Editor
at Save the Student in London
Save the Student are on a quest to find a passionate content editor to join their team in East London (or remote for the right candidate).
Founded in 2007, Save the Student (https://www.savethestudent.org) has grown to become the UK’s leading student money website, serving over 3 million monthly visits.
Our mission is to educate and support university students in making their money go further.
You’ll be learning from and working alongside experienced online editors to publish and promote first-class, trusted content that engages with millennials.
We’re a friendly team, making digital waves from a 60ft open-plan yacht moored in a vibrant Canary Wharf dock! We are also open to strong applicants from outside London.
You will be responsible for (but not limited to):
• Researching, copywriting & editing informative articles
• Optimising content for organic search (SEO)
• Editing and proofreading the work of others
• Sourcing, editing and placing images within articles
• Distributing content across social media channels
• Participating in editorial team meetings
• Working on new and exciting projects.
Skills you will learn include:
• WordPress and basic HTML
• Search engine optimisation (SEO)
• Affiliate marketing
• Social media management
• Google Analytics
• Online content strategy.
Only apply if you have:
• A genuine interest in personal finance, consumer and student issues
• Attention to detail (especially spelling and grammar)
• Some experience with online publishing or blogging
• University degree (preferably in writing, English, journalism or similar)
• A GSOH (at the risk of sounding like a lonely hearts ad)
• Nothing against working alongside our friendly office dog (Harry the Havanese)!
This is a rare opportunity to be at the forefront of creative decisions and be read by millions. If this all sounds up your alley, we want to hear from you!
What to expect at Save the Student:
We’re a highly experienced and sociable team making digital waves from our own yacht, safely moored in a vibrant dock just 15 seconds from a DLR station and 10 minutes from Canary Wharf.
Our office motto is “work like a captain, play like a pirate” – but we promise the boat-related puns end there (although probably knot).
You’ll have one-to-one meetings every week, and fortnightly group editor sessions.
And every morning you’ll be greeted by our adorable office dog, Harry, a Havanese (Google it) that loves everybody!
The office space is open-plan on the first deck, mid-deck is home to a games/TV area, ping-pong table, kitchen and lounge… and then there’s the roof terrace, which comes with some amazing views.
Fridays mean beers, gins and occasionally a Deliveroo lunch. Plus every month the whole team takes half a day off to do something fun in London.
As you might’ve guessed, we are passionate about supporting young people. Aside from our own content and campaigns, we are committed to monthly contributions to UK charities involved in helping young people who need it most.
Read about our journey: https://www.savethestudent.org/student-jobs/10-years-sts.html
How to apply:
Sound like your dream job? Here’s what you need to do:
• Contain your excitement, take 3 deep breaths… focus
• Write 500 words on what makes you the best candidate for this position
• Share 2 examples of recent work
• Share your favourite meme (of all time)
• Include an up-to-date CV
Thanks for your interest, we hope to hear from you very soon!
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.