*** TALENT MANAGER ***
at Beauhurst in London
(₤35000 - ₤45000 per year)
Are you looking to join an exciting, high-growth company and take its People function to the next level? To use your emotional intelligence, project management and critical thinking skills to help a fantastic team to grow and develop?
You’ll love this role if you’re driven by working with individuals and teams to get the best from them. You also thrive on variety and change – working on different problems every day, from high-level strategic thinking to the nitty gritty operational tasks of keeping the people-side of the business running.
We’re looking for someone smart, organised and effective to take on the important task of managing – and constantly improving – our People function. You’ll also have a proven track record of successfully managing all or most of this function in a similar environment.
Our platform lets users search a huge database of high-growth companies and the ecosystems around them. It’s an invaluable window into the world of start-ups, scale-ups, funds, accelerators and beyond.
Our subscribers depend on us for a wide variety of uses, and we’ve already brought on board organisations like Deloitte, Reuters, the London Stock Exchange Group and Barclays. But there’s a long way still to go. We want to grow our user base to include any professional with an interest in the most exciting companies in the UK. To do that – we need to expand and develop our team!
As you’d expect, our people have a wide range of skills. In our client facing teams we have Marketers, Salespeople, Account Managers and Research Consultants, who get our product and services in front of everyone who should know about it; and make sure our subscribers get the best possible service. And then we have our Product, Data and Development teams, who constantly drive our data and our product forward.
Finally, there’s the Operations team – which you’d be joining. In our team, we keep the whole business running by looking after everything related to legal, finance, project and office management, and, of course, People.
Your main aim will be to ensure we attract and retain great people and support their development as highly skilled individuals who can deliver on our ambitious plans. You’ll also put our culture first, protecting and developing it as we grow.
Your key areas of responsibility will be:
- Running full recruitment function to find the best candidates at minimal cost and with minimum burden on hiring managers
- Identifying future resource needs, and developing our employer brand and sourcing strategies
- Running the interview process through to hire
- Analysing data to improve performance
Training and development:
- Running the onboarding process to make sure everyone gets the best possible start
- Developing regular company-wide training programmes to improve skills and productivity
- Developing management and leadership development programmes
- Overseeing performance review and upward feedback process to enable good, regular feedback up and down the company
- Pre-empting and dealing with various people-related issues as they arise
- Continually strengthening our company culture as we grow
- Leading on retaining and building on the best parts of our identity and the way we work together
Skills & Experience
To excel in this role, you’ll have:
*Experience managing all or most of the HR/people function at a similar company *Experience designing solutions to people-related problems *Experience managing projects/rolling out company-wide changes
*Emotionally intelligent *Excellent communicator *Highly organised, able to get things done *Able to challenge when needed *Critical thinker/problem solver *Good-humoured *Flexible/good at responding to change
As well as a competitive salary, we’re delighted to offer:
*Substantial options scheme, so you can share in the growth you contribute to *Fantastic culture – you’ll be welcomed into a fun, quirky and intelligent team, committed to seeking and supporting personal development *Beautiful Brixton office with rooftop terrace and incredible views *Personal development budget for courses, conferences, training and any reading material that interests you *Flexible hours *Matched pensions scheme *Season ticket travel loan *Great company social life – Friday drinks in the office, regular events and free lunches
If that sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you!
To apply, please submit your CV along with a cover letter telling us why you want this role and why you’d be great at it.
Please note that applications with no cover letter or a generic cover letter will be automatically rejected.
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.
Recent jobs at Beauhurst
- Junior Account Manager at Beauhurst in London 13-06-2019
- Senior Account Manager at Beauhurst in London 13-06-2019
- Client Services Executive at Beauhurst in London 13-06-2019
- Chief of Staff at Beauhurst in London 24-06-2019