Content writer - French market
at The Business Plan Shop in London
The Business Plan Shop is on a mission to make it easier for first time entrepreneurs to start their own business. We run a popular blog (audience of a couple millions entrepreneurs) and offer an online business plan software.
We are looking for an ambitious native French speaker to join our marketing team in London as a content writer. Your mission will be to create in-depth guides covering the key steps of starting a business (from finding the right idea to getting funded) in order to generate traffic to our blog and provide actionable advice to our readers.
This is a great learning opportunity for someone who’s passionate about content marketing and entrepreneurship.
You will get to see how a full funnel content marketing strategy works, and become an expert in content planning, writing for the web, SEO, content distribution, and conversion optimisation.
You will cover the French market and focus on two economic sectors allowing you to develop a good understanding of what it takes to start and run a profitable business in these sectors.
You will be joining a small team where your work will have a direct impact on the company growth, and the lives of the entrepreneurs who read the content you create :-) You will have direct access to our founder, the opportunity to evolve into the organisation, and to learn with us as we grow from being a small startup to being a major player in the industry.
Day to day tasks
A typical day will look like this:
- Perform keyword and market research for the guide you will be writing that day
- Write the guide and send it to the editor
- Make changes according to the editor’s comments
- Publish the guide on our site
- Create internal links to the new guide
- Prepare quotes and excerpts we can use to distribute the guide on social networks
- Review how other guides are doing in terms of engagement, conversion, and search engine rankings. Identify ways that the structure and flow of content could be improved
Skills and personality traits we are looking for
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Native French speaker, fluent in English
- Fast learner with strong attention to detail
- Ambitious and hard worker with a can-do attitude
- Degree in journalism, communication, entrepreneurship, marketing, French literature or a related field
- Passion for content marketing, writing, and entrepreneurship
- Bonus points if you have a previous experience in content marketing, journalism, starting a business, or running a blog
How to apply
If you are interested please reply with:
- Your CV and a link to your LinkedIn profile
- A cover letter
- A portfolio that highlights your previous written work
No agencies please.
- Job Type: full time, permanent
- Salary: £22 – 30k dependent on experience
- Location: Hackney Wick, London
- Start date: ASAP