Global SEO Manager
at GoCardless in London
Drive our growth and shape our future.
At GoCardless we’re looking to scale from processing £5 billion a year to over £20 billion. Our vision is to create a global connected payments network, making payments simpler on the internet no matter what country you’re in or what software you are using.
As we expand both domestically and globally, our go-to-market strategy becomes ever more critical, ensuring we’re crafting the right messages, content and user experience for all audiences.
We’re looking for an ambitious, innovative and motivated SEO manager to help us drive awareness and new customer acquisition globally through organic search.
We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop ambitious people that share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and there will be significant scope for you to develop and expand your role as our team continues its rapid growth.
You will manage the planning and implementation of our SEO strategy globally to introduce GoCardless and Direct Debit to a relevant international audience. You’ll work with our digital marketing team, content team, design team and online acquisition product development team as well as local country marketing and content managers to ultimately deliver a stream of quality leads and customers.
You’ll be hands-on, building and implementing international SEO strategies. Your responsibilities will include:
- Be the subject matter expert on all things SEO related, be it regarding content marketing, website design or the technical aspects of the GC website
- Build out the GC global SEO strategy and framework and adapt it to local market requirements
- Work closely with our content marketing, design and product development functions
- Craft pages and optimising content for search engines
- Define, develop, and execute SEO strategies to drive qualified organic traffic and conversions in support of overall business KPIs
- Use analytics tools including GA, Search Console and Tableau/Looker, Bizible to gain a deep understanding of our organic search performance globally
- Provide regular reporting on KPIs, key trends and insights such as ranking, traffic volumes and engagement
- Establish a test and learn approach to improve GC rankings and traffic from key search terms through the optimisation of all SEO variables including landing page and content tests, technical considerations
- Be the advocate for SEO and SEO best practices at GoCardless. Provide organisation-wide education and support for SEO, collaborating with the rest of the team to develop and deliver a consistent measurement framework globally
- Understand and communicate SEO landscape and the latest trends and innovations in search both globally and locally
The ideal candidate
- Proven track record of developing a global SEO strategy that has delivered significant impact in terms of high quality traffic and conversions
- You’ll have experience executing technical SEO projects, where content has been translated or localised for international markets
- Previous experience with React and understanding of progressive web apps strongly preferred
- You’ll need to have a head for numbers, and show you can easily extract key, actionable insights from the data
- Comfortable working on large datasets and proficiency using advanced Excel functionalities
- You’ve a demonstrable record of assuming ownership and moving quickly to implement ideas
- Knowledge of foreign languages is beneficial (but not essential)
- Happy to be hands-on optimising our pages, whether it’s refining our meta data, or rewriting a content piece to improve SEO
- Lastly but most importantly: passion for GoCardless’ mission and work towards provide our customers the best possible search experience
This role would suit someone with an analytical or marketing degree with a minimum of 4 years experience in SEO.
We welcome a wide diversity of candidates from varying backgrounds – if you’re unsure, please apply.
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.
Recent jobs at GoCardless
- Senior Project Manager at GoCardless in London 24-04-2019
- International Expansion Manager at GoCardless in London 14-05-2019
- Inside Sales Representative (German speaking) at GoCardless in London 14-05-2019
- Global Campaign Manager - Small Business at GoCardless in London 05-06-2019
- Senior Sales Operations Analyst at GoCardless in London 14-06-2019
- Sales Development Representative at GoCardless in London 17-06-2019
- Market Development Representative at GoCardless in London 17-06-2019