at LandInsight in London
(₤45000 - ₤60000 per year)
“So, how can a tech company help solve the housing crisis?” If that’s the sort of question that intrigues you, this might just be the opportunity you’ve been searching for.
About The Company
LandTech is helping the industry build the homes we desperately need by cutting out the inefficiencies in the development process. Our flagship product, LandInsight, helps property developers understand the development potential of any plot of land within seconds. Our tech has changed the game and as a result we’ve become the UK’s fastest growing PropTech company (it’s official, we’ve got the awards to prove it!).
In the last 12 months alone, we have grown from 12 employees to 48. Our user base is doubling regularly and already, tens of thousands of homes have been built on sites that were sourced using LandInsight and that’s just the beginning.
The next few years are going to be huuuuuge as we start building out the rest of our vision to enable everyone to take the next step on their property development journey. This vision is backed by the same investors behind Love Film, TransferWise, Zoopla, Shazaam and Property Partner.
Real issues, real tech, underpinned by a real economic opportunity. That’s LandTech.
Our Values And Culture
We truly believe that businesses flourish when people work collaboratively. That’s why we prioritise team building and facilitation. You’ll also be in constant contact with the company founders, so you can learn about the conception of and running of a startup company that is scaling up. We run weekly sessions to ensure every voice is heard and empowered to grow and contribute.
We don’t just make empty gestures about our culture – we were voted as the 3rd best UK SaaS Company to work at, and have also received awards for ‘Diversity Advocate’ and ‘Best at Employee Development’.
Our company values are ‘open’, ‘empower’ and ‘home’ and we regularly hold ourselves accountable to these. The people who work here feel that are challenged, but also feel like they have the environment and tools to succeed. Glassdoor backs this up.
- You want to understand a scale-up business, the challenges and be proactive in coming up with solutions
- You can work independently to get a project completed, working on all parts of the stack if necessary.
- You want to help us make a big business and own part of it
- Work closely with other engineers to come up with creative solutions for property data collection, cleansing and enhancement
- Help our customers understand the cost of land (and potential opportunity areas) by pulling together and analysing multiple datasets
- Streamlining how we crawl and aggregate 1000+ planning and property datasets
- Build solid APIs that enable new functionality across our desktop and mobile apps
- Monitor and measure our AWS usage and optimise infrastructure costs
- Ensure visibility and transparency of the health and performance of our systems, as well as improving system resilience and disaster recovery.
- 3+ years experience with at least one programming language
- AWS experience – ElasticSearch, EC2, S3.
- MongoDB / NoSQL data stores
- Strong knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Understanding of ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) data processes
- Test-driven development, unit tests
- Excellent communication skills
- An interest in machine learning
- GIS software knowledge, PostGIS experience
- A computing related degree
- Knowledge of the property sector
About Our Offering
- Flexible working hours (as long as you’re in for 11am) and place (work from home, a cafe, whatever suits you best)
- Comprehensive onboarding and training
- Professional and personal empowerment budget
- Load of social events
- Gym and wellness contributions, and cycle to work scheme
- Work at WeWork’s flagship office, 2 mins from Liverpool St station
- Work across departments and teams, including the CEO and CTO
- Quarterly company wide strategy day – followed by team social!
- Annual ski/ snowboard trip
- Dedication to only hiring for a cultural fit, so you know you’re going to be sitting next to someone who you want to grab a beer/ glass of prosecco with at the free bar we have available after 2pm each day
- Competitive Salary and Equity Options
- 25 days paid holiday (additional to bank holidays)
- Unlimited unpaid holidays
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.
Recent jobs at LandInsight
- Frontend Developer at LandInsight in London 13-12-2018
- UI/UX Product Designer at LandInsight in London 13-12-2018
- Senior Data Engineer at LandInsight in London 17-12-2018
- Software Engineer - Salesforce & Operations at LandInsight in London 17-12-2018
- Software Engineer - Mobile/React at LandInsight in London 18-12-2018
- Full Stack Engineer at LandInsight in London 25-01-2019
- User Researcher at LandInsight in London 25-04-2019