at tiney in London
(₤25000 - ₤35000 per year)
tiney.co is an exciting new startup from an experienced founding team, including the founders of both Teach First and graze.com. We are building a new community and marketplace in the Early Years education and childcare sector, on a mission to unlock the potential of every child.
We have recently closed a significant pre-seed fundraise and are now hiring for a our first full-time Onboarding Lead. You’ll be a champion of our childminders and helping raise the status of their profession. We are looking for someone with experience of working with young children and, ideally, a knowledge of the early years and / or primary school curriculum. You’ll be responsible for bringing childminders into our community of tiney home nurseries and ensuring the quality of those who join us is high. You’ll also be responsible for matching and placing families in tiney home nurseries. You’ll be working alongside a small team of experienced early years, product and tech individuals and have the opportunity to not just own your specific deliverables, but feed into the direction and trajectory of our product and wider business as our model matures.
What’s in it for you?
- This is a fantastic opportunity to join an experienced founding team at the very beginning of their latest venture
- You’ll be part of a small team solving some genuinely unique problems in a sector that’s ripe for innovation and new technology
- You’ll play a critical role in ensuring the high quality of childminders who join us and will work with the wider team to think of innovative ways to ensure every child’s experience at their settings is positive
- You’ll work with the wider team to help shape our engagement with families and play a leading role in placing families with the right tiney home nursery.
- Flexible working arrangements as part of a growing distributed team
- The chance to have some Founder Team equity in the business
What we’re looking for?
- Someone with experience of working with young children and a good knowledge of the early years and / or primary school curriculum.
- An understanding of the early years industry and childcare market – having empathy and understanding of young parent(s), children and childcare options.
- Ideally, experience of improving teaching and learning practice through careful observation of colleagues.
- Previous job experience of working at the early stages of a new initiative where experimentation is commonplace.
- Someone with impeccable communication skills – you’ll be at the frontline communicating our vision and processes to our tiney providers and families across a full range of in-person, phone and email communications.
- Experience of working in a small team with evolving requirements and a fast-paced delivery schedule
- Someone who has a naturally curious personality and is excited by identifying ways of improving things.
- Someone with a good level of digital literacy and familiarity with using a range of apps in their personal life.
- Ideally, someone who has a passion for the opportunity tech brings the childcare sector.
- Someone with an aptitude for learning and using new software to make our internal processes efficient and transparent.
- Dynamism and flexibility – someone who has excellent organisation and planning skills and is able to work effectively with others and on own initiative.
- Someone based in or willing to relocate / commute to London, where our founding cohort of tiney home nurseries is based.
Initial role structure
- You’ll be managing our childminder and family onboarding processes
- You’ll report in to our Head of Community and be an active participant in weekly community team meetings.
- You’ll manage some freelance consultants to support our childminder onboarding process.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the role by 5pm on Tuesday 22nd January 2019.
tiney is a pre-registered B-Corp, meaning we believe wholeheartedly in using business as a force for good. We’ve committed to meeting the highest social and environmental standards and are driven by a purpose to benefit all our stakeholders, not just shareholders. You can learn more at https://bcorporation.uk/
No Agencies please!