Community Engagement Associate
at tiney in London
(₤25000 - ₤35000 per year)
tiney.co is an exciting new startup from an experienced founding team, including the founders of both Teach First and graze.com. We are building a new community and marketplace in the Early Years education and childcare sector, on a mission to unlock the potential of every child.
We have recently closed a significant pre-seed fundraise and are now hiring for a our first full-time Community Engagement Associate. We are looking for someone with experience of working with young children. You’ll be a champion of our childminders and helping raise the status of their profession. You’ll be out and about setting up and running local events to bring our tiney home nurseries together in innovative and educational ways that are also lots of fun for the practitioners. You’ll also play a critical role in organising a large-scale training event that brings all of our tiney home nurseries together. You’ll be working alongside a small team of experienced early years, product and tech individuals and have the opportunity to not just own your specific deliverables, but feed into the direction and trajectory of our product and wider business as our model matures.
What’s in it for you?
- This is a fantastic opportunity to join an experienced founding team at the very beginning of their latest venture
- You’ll be part of a small team solving some genuinely unique problems in a sector that’s ripe for innovation and new technology
- You’ll be the face of tiney in the local community – optimising the use of our app and services amongst our founding cohort of tiney home nurseries and gathering first-hand feedback to improve our offer
- The chance to bring together a typically disparate childcare community for the benefit of the children in their care and working across teams to think of innovative ways of sustaining this collaboration.
- Flexible hours and working arrangements as part of a growing distributed team
- The chance to have some Founding Team equity in the growing business
What we’re looking for?
- Someone with demonstrable experience of motivating and bringing people together to share their experience and ideas.
- An understanding of the principles of effective communication and building effective and sustained community engagement.
- Someone with experience of working with young children is essential, and knowledge of the early years and / or primary school curriculum is desirable.
- An understanding of the early years industry and childcare market – having empathy and understanding of young parent(s), children and childcare options.
- Previous job experience of working at the early stages of a new initiative where experimentation is commonplace.
- Someone with a can-do attitude and demonstrable experience of inspiring others to improve their practice.
- Experience of organising events – big and small – within budget.
- A keen eye for improvement – experience of listening and understanding others’ problems so that effective solutions can be created.
- Experience of working in a small team with evolving requirements and a fast-paced delivery schedule
- Someone with a good level of digital literacy and familiarity with using a range of apps in their personal life. Ideally, someone who has a passion for the opportunity tech brings the childcare sector.
- Someone with an aptitude for learning and using new software to make our internal processes efficient and transparent.
- Someone based in or willing to relocate / commute to London, where our founding cohort of tiney home nurseries is based.
- Dynamism and flexibility – someone who has excellent organisation and planning skills and is able to work effectively with others and on own initiative.
Initial role structure
- You’ll be bringing together our community of tiney home nurseries for the purposes of training and collaboration – all for the benefit of the children in their care.
- You’ll report in to our Head of Community and be an active participant in weekly community team meetings.
- You’ll also work closely with our Growth Team with a view to building an Ambassadors’ Programme for tiney providers who want to get more involved with us.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the role by 5pm on Tuesday 22nd January 2019.
tiney is a pre-registered B-Corp, meaning we believe wholeheartedly in using business as a force for good. We’ve committed to meeting the highest social and environmental standards and are driven by a purpose to benefit all our stakeholders, not just shareholders. You can learn more at https://bcorporation.uk/
No Agencies please!