Junior Web Developer | Contract
at Cloudline in London
(₤30000 - ₤35000 per year)
Before reading this job advert, we want you to know that it’s intended for you to see how we work, and decide if we’re right for you. Research shows that a significant number of people decide not to apply to jobs based on the requirements listed in the advert; if you see something here that you’re not expert level or even relatively skilled at… good! You can learn it all here.
Serious About Fun
We’re in the business in delivering the best experience at clubs, theme parks and other high demand venues, getting users out of queues and into places quicker than anyone else.
We achieved this by building and maintaining iOS/Android apps. Our team of four are now transitioning to a PWA (Web) solution which controls the flow of visitors around venues and regulates the rate of entry into places, ensuring people have the best experience possible. We don’t want people dampening their leisure time standing in lines when they could easily be elsewhere enjoying themselves.
Over the last year, we’ve taken Cloudline from a bootstrapped operation to an app working with some of the largest global operators in both nightlife and entertainment (The Deltic Group and Merlin Entertainment to name a few.) We’ve raised money from several top investors and are ready to take Cloudline to the next level.
- Work as part of a full stack product team to develop solutions to ensure optimal experiences for our clients and users
- Utilise a variety of frontend technologies to build scalable products
- You’ll take part in decisions related to how we undertake new projects
- You’ll gather requirements and scope out projects with the rest of the team
- Experience building responsive UIs on the web that are both maintainable and robust
- Pride in readable, well-designed, well-tested software
- 2 or more years experience (personal experience counts) building NodeJS applications with React, and a willingness to quickly get up to speed on our stack (Firebase/Google Cloud.)
- In depth knowledge of web performance, accessibility or complementary skillsets
- Experience with Google Maps, Mapbox, or other geography visualization applications
- Great communication skills
Nice to haves
- Experience solving logistical problems with software
- Exposure to some of the largest companies in entertainment and tourism
- Work alongside our CTO a well known player in the London tech scene with four previous tech companies and winner of Forbes 30 under 30 2018
- Access to world class nightclubs and theme-parks
- Work from Rocketspace tech campus in Islington, founding home of Uber, Spotify, Zappos and 16 other tech unicorns
- Flexible working, flexible hours – all made easy by our great use of tech including video conferencing and GSuite
- Share options
- Conferences (attending and/or speaking) and learning resources
- Regular team off-sites
- Open bar after work drinks on Thursdays
The success of Cloudline is built on ensuring users maximum fun whether this is at a themepark or nightclub or any other venue format. We love the crossover between entertainment and technology, think of it as Roller Coaster Tycoon only the people, impact and money are real. If you’re as serious about fun as we are rest assured an exciting opportunity awaits (and company celebrations like you’ve never seen, thanks to our partners.)
If you’re a recent comp-sci University graduate with a hunger for knowledge, impact, and above all a kickass start to your career then look no further. We’re looking for someone with experience developing NodeJS applications with React, if you have experience in any other languages (I.E. Typescript then it’s a bonus.) If you’ve built applications in the past your proud of we’d love to see them.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.