We're a YC-backed fintech company that powers travel & tourism businesses in 40 countries across Latin America, Africa and Asia. Our software and payment platform helps tourism businesses to save on payment costs, manage and take bookings more flexibly – while spending less time on admin and more time with their customers.
We work with hotels (from budget to boutique) and activity operations like dive schools, surf lodges and yoga retreats. Our initial focus is emerging destinations, in countries where payment and booking systems are a significant challenge.
Our platform is trusted hundreds of tourism businesses around the world, and we've helped hundreds of thousands of travellers to pay in over 100 currencies.
We're working on ambitious plans to revolutionise the experience of independent travel – by helping travellers make the most of their precious time abroad, and giving local tourism operators the vital tools they need to run their business.
We're primarily based in London, and we're backed by Y Combinator (the investors behind Airbnb, Dropbox and Stripe). Our team has deep expertise across travel, finance and technology – with previous experience at Cambridge University, Harvard and BCG.
*About the Role*
This is an exciting opportunity to join the early team at Tab. You'll have the chance to learn directly from the founders (ex-Cambridge, BCG, HBS & Y Combinator) as Tab executes its ambitious growth plan.
We move fast, so you'll start having a meaningful impact on the business in your first week. You'll also be encouraged to contribute across all areas – we all help each other out.
You'll divide your time between Growth (helping to acquire new businesses and expand our platform) and Operations (managing our relationships with businesses and making sure critical operations run smoothly). You'll help to design and build the products and processes that enable us to continue scaling rapidly, while improving our product experience and maintaining a high level of empathy for our customers who use Tab every single day.
This role is full of variety – here's a few things you could be working on:
* Talking to prospective customers, to understand how their tourist business works and explain how Tab can benefit them.
* Visiting one of the countries where we operate, to spend face-to-face time with new and prospective customers.
* Helping to launch new products/features on our platform quickly, and eliciting the feedback needed to make them 10x better.
* Taking charge of a particular geography or type of business, to grow our presence and tailor our platform to that group's specific needs.
* Managing a new growth initiative – from specifying and designing content to launching and measuring the impact.
* Helping to answer customer support queries (we all pitch in with this).
* You might be a recent graduate, or looking to move after a few years working in another industry.
* You have a degree from a top university
* You’re ambitious and want to help build something large – if you do well, you’ll be leading a team before you know it.
* You're comfortable with numbers, and know your way around Excel.
* You’ve had hands-on experience at a business, running a society or on a side project (bonus points if you’ve done some digital marketing).
* Fluency in another language is a bonus, but not required.
* You have the right to work in the UK (we’re based in Central London) – unfortunately we're not able to sponsor visas right now.
*IMPORTANT: How to Apply*
Please include answers to the following questions, in addition to your CV:
* Why would you be good at this role?
* What excites you about Tab?
* If you had three months (full time) to learn a couple of new skills - what would you learn and why?
* Tell us about an impressive thing you've done. (We always like to hear how you've used hustle, lateral thinking or bent the rules)