Regional Manager - Emerging Markets
at Adzuna in London
(₤45000 - ₤60000 per year)
Adzuna is a job search engine that lists every job, everywhere. From launch in the UK in 2011, we now have more than 11 million visitors a month and are busy conquering the world from our international offices. Right now, we’re seeking an experienced Regional Manager to join our world class team in helping millions of people find better, more fulfilling jobs.
Reporting to the Head of International, the Regional Manager for Emerging Markets will be responsible for developing and growing Adzuna’s job search engine in growth markets like Poland, Russia, South Africa and Italy. It’s a general management role combining a strong emphasis on marketing and team management, with elements of strategy, sales, product and operations as well.
You’ll grow our emerging markets business aggressively in traffic, revenue and margin terms. You’ll set direction for and manage a talented team of (currently 4) country managers, who are responsible for each of those markets, and dive in and help them when needed. You’ll figure out how to adapt our strategy and approach to each country and its unique circumstances while spreading best practises and implementing scalable processes. Your work will help empower jobseekers with better information and ultimately make people’s lives better and the economy more efficient across the globe.
In return we offer a fun, entrepreneurial working environment within a high-growth business where you can make a huge difference. We offer a competitive package including stock options, professional development and training sessions from industry leaders, and a monthly social calendar all centred in a great West London location.
Emerging Markets P&L management
- Lead the Emerging Markets business unit to become a fantastic growth engine for Adzuna
- Build marketing and business plans, per market, to support the rapid development of free and profitable paid traffic in each market and hit traffic and revenue targets
- Work with Head of International to allocate resources required
Marketing plans and traffic growth
- Set ambitious traffic targets – and then find a way to hit and exceed them
- Determine where to focus spend and team time for greatest return on investment across range of activities and marketing channels
- Build SEO presence through strong in-house operations, link and content development strategies and outsourcing where appropriate
- Create a powerful social media and PR machine and build brand awareness and ‘authority’ status in each market
- Optimise SEM spend for each market through a close relationship with the experts in our global marketing team
- Work closely with marketing team to manage the balance between global and local marketing initiatives in channels like SEM and PR
- Develop with your team a wide and robust network of traffic partners
- Test new channels and approaches to jobseeker acquisition and retention and measure and improve performance and efficiency on a week-by-week basis
Commercial growth and business development
- Work with Head of International to ensure we achieve sales, revenue and margin targets, and grow a balanced portfolio of clients in each market
- Develop our capabilities in new business sales, negotiations, client happiness/success and account management
- Support business development around syndication partnerships, API etc. where relevant
Team management and development
- Retain, develop and motivate a diverse and talented group of country managers and interns, and develop team structure over time
- Motivate each individual to grow Adzuna in their own market in a true entrepreneurial spirit, always focusing their talent on activities with maximum business impact
- Run weekly meetings and reporting and 1-on-1s
- Help develop tools and automation to make the team more effective
Contribution to Adzuna globally
- Contribute to the International team and overall business strategy, identifying issues that span across markets
- Liaise closely with the Marketing & Tech teams to ensure continued world-class user experience for all current and prospective clients
- Lead initiatives to grow the global business through strategic partnerships and alliances
- Identify new markets to enter and global opportunities to scale up the business outside of the existing markets
- 5 years of hands-on experience, with broad exposure to online marketing channels like SEO, SEM as well as PR and social media – or a relevant product management, business development or growth role
- Have managed people effectively and enjoy bringing a team together to achieve results
- Have had exposure to a multi-country environment and worked in a start-up environment or at a top consulting firm before
- Experience and success building traffic in markets such as Italy, Poland, Russia or South Africa would be a plus
- Have a numeric degree at 2.1 or better (or equivalent) from a top university. An MBA would be a plus
- Have a good understanding of internet business models and the ability to think strategically
- Fluent in English and possibly another language, particularly Italian, Polish or Russian
- Enjoy working to daily, weekly and monthly targets whilst maintaining a flexible positive attitude
- Show a desire to make decisions, take ownership and make judgement calls in a small, entrepreneurial team
- Organised, efficient, detail-oriented, commercially-savvy, ambitious and smart
- Can lead by example and are happy getting their hands dirty
- A great communicator with an energetic, action-oriented nature who can sit between different functions with different resource constraints and make things happen
- £45k-£60k base salary depending on experience
- Work at a company where you can make a real difference
- Exposure to various departments with an opportunity to learn about different business functions
- A market-competitive salary, stock options and pension scheme
- Entrepreneurial environment in a great new office in Fulham
- 25 days holiday
- A bursting social event calendar and training opportunities
- A fancy coffee machine, ping pong table, gym, maternity pay, bike to work scheme, fresh fruit, Adzuna Academy training program, Apple store discount and lots more
Adzuna is a search engine for job ads used by over 11 million visitors per month that aims to list every job, everywhere. We search thousands of websites so our users don’t have to, bringing together millions of ads in one place. By providing smarter search options and powerful data about the job market, we give jobseekers the information they need to take control of their careers.
Adzuna.co.uk was founded in 2011 by Andrew Hunter and Doug Monro, formerly of eBay, Gumtree, Qype and Zoopla and is backed by leading Venture Capital firms Passion Capital, LocalGlobe, Index Ventures and Smedvig Capital.
We also supply real-time data to the Number 10 Dashboard and Office for National Statistics labour market indices. In 2018, Adzuna won the contract to run ‘Find a job’, one of the British government’s most used online services.
Adzuna’s mission is to be the best place to start looking for a job. We love using the awesome power of technology to help match people to better, more fulfilling jobs.
You can read more here: http://www.adzuna.co.uk/about-us.html
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.
Recent jobs at Adzuna
- SEO Manager at Adzuna in London 08-04-2019