Content and Email Marketting Executive for Exciting Haircare Brand
at Flora & Curl Hair Products in Birmingham
We are looking for a creative Content & Email Marketing Executive to join Flora & Curl Haircare.
About Flora & Curl Haircare
Hello, we’re Flora & Curl! We are a UK based haircare and beauty brand formulated with plant-based ingredients for healthy and more radiant curls. Since our official launch in 2017, we’ve received amazing customer testimonials attesting to the results of our plant powered, botanical haircare solutions for textured hair and have shipped to customers in over 50+ countries. You can find our botanical haircare products in Denmark, Norway, India, Bermuda, Spain, France, Germany, Switzerland and in the USA. Rooted in science, backed by nature, our beauty products are crafted with care and conscience: www.floracurl.com
We are looking for dynamic, hardworking and enthusiastic team members who want to make a difference in our business. If you are looking for an opportunity in an exciting beauty start up, we invite you to join us.
We have big plans to grow so it is an exciting time to be joining Flora & Curl Haircare. And, if we’re a great match, given our start-up mentality and goals, this could be your next exciting career move.
- You will have a passion for marketing and a deep interest in e-mail marketing.
- You will be results-orientated. You will be familiar with common email metrics (such as open-rates, click-through-rates and conversion rates) and be able to report on them confidently. You will strive to improve key performance indicators.
- You are organised – you will want to maintain an email calendar keeping track of emails we have sent, content themes, audience information and KPI performance.
Your Role and Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for all aspects of email marketing, including planning, design and development, testing, evaluation and reporting.
- You’ll be logical and methodical in your approach to campaigns, quick to grasp new systems and able to analyse and spot meaningful patterns in data. Your ability to create campaigns that work will come from a combination of gut instinct and effective use of analytics. Copywriting would also be a real plus and so would basic HTML knowledge.
- Gathering requirements will include defining the target audience, understanding the aims of the campaign and agreeing the key messages and timing. The practical campaign execution will involve looking at the data, pulling the relevant contacts to build the lists, creating the email template and building and testing.
- Via our weekly newsletter to our email subscribers, you will continue to create ideas for unique content as described above, and marketing ideas for email campaigns and work alongside our Founder and Graphic Designer to create promotional and seasonal send outs and offers:
- Email Content Calendar – You will manage the email marketing content calendar. You will work with the wider team to ensure the right campaigns are reaching the right people at the right time.
- Targetted Campaigns – You will work with to build and refine email campaigns that support their key objectives (acquiring customers and retaining them). Management of customer segments and message personalisation plan is included.
- Testing Program – You will create a testing plan. You will articulate a series of hypotheses (etc timing of emails, subject line hooks, type of content) and test them on our email campaigns. You will take the results, learn from the positive ones and embed the improvements. Regular analysis and reporting of email KPI’s and development of an optimisation plan to improve all email KPI’s is included.
- Quality Assurance – You will develop a Quality Assurance process. A way of ensuring all communications are tested and proofed before they are sent to customers.
- Ensure all newsletters and content adhere to brand identity guidelines
- Day-to-day management of our website, creating content and updating it
- Including for Flora & Curl’s blog (Interviews, Customer and Blogger Q&A, Guest Blog Posts, Ingredient Spot Lights)
- Generate ideas for gated content pieces (Instagram hair tip posts, ebook, case studies) to be designed by our Graphic Designer
- Work with our Blog Contributors to share their educational contents on our weekly newsletter as content assets
We would love to hear from you if have the following skills
- 2+ years email or content marketing experience, ideally within a similar sector
- Excellent written communication, with perfect grammar
- Have a passion for marketing and want to ‘own’ a marketing channel
- Have experience in data-driven business-to-consumer marketing: Ability to analyse, measure and react to newsletter KPI’s
- Proactively engaging with people across departments and follow up on deliverables from others without hesitation
- Have a good understanding of Flora & Curl’s product philosophy
- Be able to demonstrate a creative side and portfolio
- Knowledgeable about HTML email coding or tech integrations such as MailChimp
Our top candidates would also have
- University degree or equivalent, and/or transferable work experience in a previous marketting environment
- Experience in writing, developing engaging content and/or copy for a beauty brand or beauty related media.
- An interest in beauty and/or natural hair care
- Bonus: Graphic design skills
If you’re ready for an exciting challenge, this is the perfect opportunity for you to:
- Develop and utilise your email and digital marketing skills in a fast growing beauty industry
- Receive free haircare products for you, family members and friends (need we say more?)
Location: UK (Birmingham or London) or Remote: work from anywhere.
Approximate Commitment: Role is Part time at the start. This will become full time with a salary later on.
Commission: Paid Role
If you have a portfolio or links to your body of work (blog, videos, graphics, social media) we would love to see them!
Please include a Cover Letter in your application.
[Due to the number of applications received, we will be unable to respond to all applications. If you have not received a response by the 30th of January, in this case, the application has not been successful. We would like to thank you for application and wish you the best!]
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.