People and Talent Assistant
at OpenSignal in London
(₤30000 - ₤35000 per year)
Who are we?
OpenSignal, a mobile analytics company, is the global standard for measuring real-world mobile network experience.
Using billions of measurements collected 24/7 from tens of millions of smartphones, we analyse real-world mobile network experience at the largest scale and frequency in the wireless industry. We believe measuring how networks performs directly through users’ eyes, is key to building better wireless networks, and improving connectivity for everyone.
Founded in 2012, OpenSignal is a high-growth global company, part of the Global Telecoms ‘Power 100’, TechCity Future Fifty, and backed by an impressive portfolio of investors: Octopus Ventures, Qualcomm Ventures, O’Reilly AlphaTech Ventures, Frog Capital and Passion Capital.
Having doubled our team within the last year to 60 people, we plan to grow beyond 80 by the end of 2019, to help drive our vision. We’re headquartered in Angel, London, where you’ll find most of our employees, who we like to call OpenSignalers, but the teams you’ll work with are global. A truly international team, our OpenSignalers work across four continents, and represent over 25 nationalities.
Purpose of the role
The People and Talent function are here to ensure our OpenSignalers have the best possible employee experience; from their hiring and onboarding experience, to the growth, development and support they experience during their time with us. This newly created role, reporting into the Director of People and Talent, will support our recruitment efforts and provide ongoing HR support to our global teams, ensuring they are consistently set up for success. You’ll have a genuine impact from day one, and with time, own elements of the employee experience and make them your own; providing a challenging yet exciting opportunity for the right person to carve out their People / HR career.
You will be responsible for:
- Owning the onboarding of new ‘OpenSignalers’ including managing documentation, coordinating their IT set up, co-ordinating internal introductory sessions as well as owning the People team introductory session, and working with managers to ensure new joiners have everything they need; whether they’re joining our London HQ or one of our global teams.
- Keeping employee files up to date within our cloud-based HR platform, conducting regular audits of employee and department files to review data accuracy, and in time, working with our Finance team to ensure they receive accurate and timely payroll information.
- Managing the content within our ‘Life @ OpenSignal’ intranet, keeping it up to date with relevant information such as ‘ways of working’ guides and policies
- Supporting the Director of People and Talent in managing ‘OpenComms’, our internal comms strategy, which includes curating the all-company monthly internal newsletter, organising monthly town hall sessions and managing the administration of our internal engagement survey tool, running reports on the data as required.
- Helping our teams to understand and engage with our benefits offering; in time, owning the management of all benefit suppliers and platforms across the global teams.
- Acting as the first point of contact for day-to-day employee queries, such as those relating to time-off requests, escalating where necessary.
- Coordinating learning opportunities across our teams, such as our monthly ‘OpenSessions’ (internal learning talks), managing the booking of any external training, and tracking the use of OpenSignaler’s professional development budget through our learning platform.
- Assisting with the successful roll-out of some exciting people-related projects we have planned for 2019, and the coordination of any necessary HR insight reports required across the business.
- Working with our Office Manager to organise all-company events and socials, using your creativity to suggest team-building events that will enhance an already strong workplace culture; stepping in to support our Office Manager on other related tasks if required.
- Managing the advertisement for all open positions within OpenSignal, including our accounts with third-party platforms
- Supporting Managers with the coordination of phone and in-person interviews for candidates across the global teams
- Keeping our applicant tracking system up to date and ensuring candidates receive communication throughout their hiring experience with
- Working with Director of People and Talent and our Marketing team to create engaging content for OpenSignal’s social media channels, to showcase what it’s like to work at OpenSignal and attract future OpenSignalers
- Manage right to work and reference checks for all relevant employees when required, and support our third-party partner with any visa sponsorship applications
What we need from you
- You are excited by the opportunity to positively contribute to a fast-paced, high-growth environment, and have a desire to carve a career for yourself in HR; ideally you’ll have 1-2 years’ experience already working within a HR related position.
- The ideal candidate will be educated in a relevant discipline such as HR, Law, Psychology, or Business Management; CIPD qualification would be a bonus
- Excellent communication skills, both written and orally; communicating professionally with employees, members of the senior management team and external suppliers won’t faze you
- An organisational wizard with proven coordination skills; you take pride in your attention to detail
- You are focused, levelheaded and able to manage multiple priorities and deadlines; you have a flexible mindset, with the ability to prioritise your workload in an environment that is continuously changing
- You are approachable, open-minded with a positive can-do attitude; you care about what you do and enjoy making others feel welcome and supported
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner, showing creativity and resilience in your approach
- Ability to work in a confidential and professional manner; previous experience managing sensitive information a plus
- Familiar with Mac, Google Apps and proficient in Microsoft Office; experience using cloud-based HR software a bonus
What will you get in return?
- Constant exposure to learning opportunities in your role and the ability to make an impact from day one; carving out your People / HR career with support and coaching from the Director of People and Talent (who is also a qualified Business Psychologist)
- Competitive salary, company-wide bonus scheme and stock options to share our growth
- Up to 5% matched-contribution based pension scheme, private healthcare, discounted wellbeing subscriptions and gym memberships, cycle to work scheme and MacBook of your choice
- Personal development budget for conferences, courses, materials and training; with access to a learning platform that provides curated content for inspiration
- Monthly internal learning sessions, or ‘OpenSessions’ (lunch is on us!), regular socials and all-company events (from team lunches, to our monthly HQ socials and bi-annual away days)
- Our ‘OpenSignalers’ – an ambitious, focused and friendly global team backed by some of Europe’s top investors
- Ability to work flexibly and work from home; we trust our people to do their best work in a way that works
- HQ in Angel, central London, filled with fresh fruit and an abundance of snacks and drinks, set in an area buzzing with coffee shops, eateries, a local food market and bars.