GoCardless is creating the world’s first network for bank to bank payments, to rival credit and debit cards. With our powerful API and our global network of software partners, we’re on a mission to break down barriers, so businesses can take recurring payments easily, anywhere, in any currency.
GoCardless is stepping up its marketing in 2019 and taking our proposition around the world. At the heart of our marketing strategy is an educational content programme that informs and engages our audiences.
We’re looking for an outstanding Senior Editor to drive this programme, helping us to build a content engine that makes us the leading advice platform for businesses taking recurring payments around the world.
As the Senior Editor of our multimedia content hub, you’ll help shape the global content strategy for our online content sites, prospect newsletter and customer newsletters, making GoCardless the go-to content destination for businesses taking recurring and invoice payments around the world.
You’ll commission and create expert, share-worthy content in order to double the organic content traffic to our content websites, engage our audiences and feed the top of the marketing funnel.
You’ll create the global GoCardless content calendar for our key markets, liaising with the Content team, a network of freelancers and translators and other stakeholders to make sure we publish the right content at the right time. You’ll carefully monitor traffic, downloads and other metrics to continually inform and shape the content programme.
You’ll lead the development of global content personas to ensure all our content is audience-focused and you’ll help shape our content territory – where our audiences’ needs and passions intersect with the things we’re uniquely placed to talk about. Working with the Head of Content and our Customer Success team, you’ll build and manage a customer advisory board for our content.
As a guardian of our house style and tone of voice, you’ll ensure consistency across our content, as well as keeping our content sites up to date and accurate.
We’ve built a friendly, inspiring culture where we hire and develop visionary people that share our dream to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and will support you to develop and expand your role as the team continues its rapid growth.
*What we are looking for:*
* Proven experience driving business results through content marketing
* Analytical approach to understanding where the conversation is happening, as well as our own content performance
* A natural storyteller, you’ll have plenty of creative content ideas and strong editorial experience producing content across all formats, from blogs and guides to podcasts and videos.
* Experience curating content from different sources to complement inhouse content and engage our audiences
* Metric focused; you understand how to optimise content for online search and social.
* Experience with digital content management systems
* Experience in producing other types of content including video and podcasts preferred
* Experience managing freelance writers, producers and translators
_We welcome diversity of professional backgrounds– if you're unsure, do apply._
In your application, please submit one relevant example of your written work in addition to your CV and cover letter.