Mid-level Frontend Developer
at Snaptrip in London
Working as part of Snaptrip’s Product team, the front end developer will:
- Work with our Head of Product, Data Scientist and Lead Frontend Developer to drive improvements across 4 (and growing!) of our responsive websites:
- You will primarily be writing clean, well-tested front end code across all four sites however we don’t want somebody who will just be told what to do, we are looking for somebody who is passionate about our products and how your improvements will help the company grow
- These could range from AB tests to improve conversion, to larger projects which help define our product strategy – we are an incredibly flexible company and your suggestions should also help shape our product roadmap
- You will work with our Lead Frontend Developer to decide upon what technologies we should be employing to ensure that our front end offers a best in class user experience but is also technically efficient
- Probably a few other things, we’re a startup after all!
We’re looking for somebody who is not only technically capable of writing great code, but also cares about the user experience and fits in well in the work environment. You should have:
- Strong knowledge and experience of our frontend technical stack – HTML5, HAML, SASS (BEM methodology) and JS (ES6 & Vue.js ideally but open to people who want to learn)
- A general understanding of Ruby on Rails and its interaction with our frontend stack
- Familiar with working with third party APIs (for payments, maps etc)
- A passion for building beautiful UI and UX
- A dynamic personality and not be afraid to voice your opinion
- Good collaborator and enjoy solving problems, working with our product designer or having technical discussions with colleagues
- Experience in AB testing software such as Optimizely or Google Optimize is a bonus
- Can work to tight deadlines
- Competitive salary (based on experience)
- 25 days paid holiday
- A shiny new Macbook
- Stylish central London office near the Thames
- Be part of a young, dynamic and fun team who move technological mountains incredibly quickly
- Free beer and fresh coffee on tap
- Arcade machine… STREET FIGHTER!
- Flexible hours
- Discounts off any Snaptrip!
No agencies will be considered under any circumstances… Not even for free!