Customer Experience Rockstar
at Settled in London
Settled was founded on the belief there needs to be a progressive change in the real estate sector. We’re on a mission to put a smile on the faces of everyone buying or selling a home. As well as being led by former Google execs, we’ve received backing from Silicon Valley VC, 500.co and Sir John Hegarty’s ‘The Garage Soho’.
People are at the heart of everything we do and we’re building a team of smart, creative thinkers who are passionate about collaborating and making a difference.
We’re at a fantastic growth juncture and are now looking to expand our Customer Experience team. The role would be 5 days per week but please note this includes some Saturdays and may in the future include Sundays and evenings as we expand the team.
We’re all about finding the right person who shares Settled’s vision for what’s possible in this industry.
Selling and buying a property can be the most stressful experience for someone. We’re here to change that it into a settling experience. Our customers love us as we’re with them every step of the way on their selling or buying journey. You will care about making their experience as seamless as possible, you’re often their lifeline and they love you for it.
You are ambitious, optimistic, energetic, you build trusted relationships, you’re passionate about helping customers and colleagues succeed, and thrive in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment. You’re a creative thinker who shares our can-do attitude to build solutions every day. You’re also ok with working on the necessary manual, administrative work that goes hand in hand with the start of something brilliant, as we shape our business for big things.
For this specific role, these are some of the characteristics we’re looking for:
- The desire to learn rapidly
- A natural passion for supporting customers and always delivering excellence
- Self-starter attitude with the initiative and motivation to get things done
- Team-oriented, collaborative approach but a willingness and ability to take overall responsibility for deliverables
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build instinctive rapport with customers, whilst conveying the company’s brand and tone of voice
Reporting to the Head of Customer, you will:
- Be part of a small, motivated and friendly team and help own the overall relationship with our customer base, which includes: initial onboarding of customers and support through the progression of property sales
- Help to remove the stress and friction that customers often experience when making one of the most important purchases of their life
- Help to oversee the customer lifecycle, and convert happy customers into Settled evangelists
- Act as an escalation liaison between the customer, our support team, and the product team to help resolve technical/product issues blocking product onboarding/adoption
- Handling incoming and outgoing contacts (including Live Chat, email and phones) with customers at different parts of the home selling/buying journey
- Delighting the customer and striving to exceed their expectations (yes, you’ve heard from 100’s of companies who claim the same but we’re OBSESSED with this)
- Always thinking about how you can improve the things you and your team does, drive change and motivate others around you
We’ll train you in the Settled ways of providing the best service – we’d like you to be degree educated as a minimum and the position would suit a recent graduate looking to accelerate their career in a start-up, or someone looking for a new challenge, ideally with an interest in Proptech!
Perks and Benefits
The chance to help design a solution that will disrupt a market that desperately needs changing
25 days holiday
Annual training/conference budget
Company pension scheme
Stake in our company shares scheme
Employee referral scheme
CharlieHR perks at work
Friday Beer O’Clock
Central London Bridge location – in a community of like-minded startups (with ping-pong, movie nights, baristas, and Wednesday cakes)
Settled is a high paced dynamic company, our employees are all passionate about making a real disruption to the property market for the benefit of our customers.
We are a team of people that like to have fun both in work and out of work. Some of the things to expect from our team:
Bad taste in music
But overall a team who really help one another and work closely with each other and have fun doing so!
We do not work in silos and we advocate honesty and transparency.