Social Media Manager
at Plan A in Berlin
Plan A, the first data-driven crowdfunding platform in the fight against climate change, is looking for an innovative social media manager to help us enhance our online presence and promote the fight against climate change with great content. The position is part or full-time and based in Berlin, Germany. How to Apply: Please apply immediately or by March 11, 2019 by sending your motivational letter, resume or CV with the subject title: ‘Application for Social Media Manager Position. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
Goals and Objectives
The social media manager will have the responsibility to represent Plan A on the different social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, Reddit and Spotify). The brand relies highly on online presence and marketing, and thus particular attention needs to be given to the style, the voice and the ways in which Plan A expresses on these channels.
The social media manager aims to grow the audience of Plan A, drive traffic to donation pages and the academy, and establish relationships with potential partners for partnerships, events, content creation and donation leads.
Role and Responsibilities
- Publish created content on relevant channels.
- Create pieces of content for different social media formats.
- Update highlights, biographies and photos
- Engage, pursue and cater to conversations on these media
- Animate created groups and outlets and grow their audience
- Monitor competition and other sources of inspirations to come up with innovative content
- Research techniques to grow audience and submit new ideas to content and marketing team
- Grow the follower base across all social media
- Grow the engagement rate across all social media
- Grow the part of traffic on the website from social media
- The social media manager reports to the Head of Content and the CEO of the company
- They must demonstrate progress according to defined performance indicators
- A weekly report of analytics traffic and activity per social media channels
Requirements and Qualification
- Experience in social media marketing/management
- Degree in marketing/communication/digital marketing
- Online marketing/ Online media course
- Sharp interest in social media and sustainability
- Natural ability for expression, courtesy, diplomacy and smart comebacks
- Creative mind to create posts that include Plan A content and brand in new channels
- Strong sense of judgement and empathy to manage negative feedback
- Knowledge of English and German. A third language is a plus
Plan A is the first data-driven crowdfunding platform in the fight against climate change. Thanks to our in-house built algorithm, Plan A prioritises and curates campaigns that are worth investing in and projects that contribute to creating a resilient and just future for our planet and its inhabitants.
Our mission is to gather resources and raise the general knowledge on specific themes of climate change and projects bringing about the necessary actions. The sustainable transition is underway and it needs a clear roadmap for action and collaboration.
Our approach is informed by the need for an accessible, engaging and straightforward way of engaging with climate issues.
Plan A wants every human to be one of the good guys. Knowledge, funding and action are the three pillars of the sustainable transition the world is going through. Plan A transforms climate action with effective, non-guilt tripping, events, stories and projects.
A unique voice, impactful projects and the power of data to inform crisp action. Because there is no Plan B for the Planet.