at Plan A in Berlin
Plan A is looking for a dynamic and organised project coordinator to help manage and coordinate climate action crowdfunding campaigns with NGOs. Please apply immediately or by March 10, 2019, by sending your motivational letter, resume or CV with the subject title: ‘Application for Project Coordinator Position’. No calls or email inquiries, please. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
Plan A is the first data-driven action platform in the fight against climate change. Our mission is to empower individuals, organisations and innovators with the resources to implement effective climate action around the world. Plan A hosts crowdfunding campaigns dedicated to climate action led by NGO, individuals and social businesses.
Goals and Objectives
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for conducting a wide range of work connected to selecting and managing the projects featured on Plan A, including partnership management and development, monitoring and evaluation, process coordination, fundraising and outreach. This is a full-time position in Berlin, Germany.
Role and Responsibilities
- Maintaining and coordinating Plan A’s existing projects;
- Developing and implementing local, regional, and international strategies to grow Plan A’s active project base in close collaboration with the R&D and Data departments;
- Reviewing, researching and analysing incoming project applications;
- Responding promptly to queries from partner organisations and assisting them with tall aspects of their crowdfunding experience;
- Maintaining and managing clean and thorough project and organisation databases;
- Processing incoming monitoring and evaluation reports from completed projects;
- Assisting fundraising drives and campaigns;
- Liaising effectively with the Plan A team to ensure effective coordination and collaboration; support other Plan A team members to address project-related tasks in their work;
- Delivering outputs in a timely manner and being consistent with the agreed strategy and priorities of Plan A;
- Working flexible hours as needed to accommodate developing and urgent events; and
- Carrying out any other duties as required.
Requirements and Qualifications
Education: An advanced (graduate) degree in development studies, social sciences or environmental studies.
Experience: A minimum of two years of relevant experience working on project management and/or fundraising; demonstrable knowledge of climate change issues is required; prior experience in the non-profit sector is desirable.
Related Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required. Skills in French and Spanish are incredibly beneficial. Other languages are a plus.
- Ability to identify, fact-check, research, and analyse project documents in a timely and sophisticated fashion is required.
- Familiarity with monitoring and evaluation frameworks, including Theory of Change and Logical Framework Approach, is highly desirable;
- Ability to develop and implement realistic and effective local and international outreach strategies and tactics in order to identify and seize fundraising and organisational opportunities is required.
- Strong initiative and follow-through, the capacity to think creatively and strategically, and the ability to work quickly and effectively under pressure with a broad range of people and as a part of a team are all required.
- Ability to produce high-quality written material under tight deadlines, excellent editing skills, and dynamic public speaking ability are all required.
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to work collaboratively within Plan A as well as with local partners, government officials and external media partners are required.
- Knowledge of and experience working in an international environment and familiarity with diverse geographical contexts is highly desirable.
- Ability and sensitivity to conduct interviews with a wide range of people, including partners in complex contexts, journalists, and government officials, are required.
- Field research and documentation skills are highly desirable.
The Project Coordinator reports to the Head of Research and Development and the CEO of the company. Key performance indicators and set milestones will be defined with the coordinator.
Plan A is the first data-driven crowdfunding platform in the fight against climate change. Thanks to our in-house built algorithm, Plan A prioritises and curates campaigns that are worth investing in and projects that contribute to creating a resilient and just future for our planet and its inhabitants.
Our mission is to gather resources and raise the general knowledge on specific themes of climate change and the projects bringing about the necessary actions. The sustainable transition is underway and it needs a clear roadmap for action and collaboration.
Our approach is informed by the need for an accessible and straightforward way of engaging with climate issues.
Plan A wants every human to be one of the good guys. Knowledge, funding and action are the three pillars of the sustainable transition the world is going through. Plan A transforms climate action with effective, non-guilt tripping, events, stories and projects.
A unique voice, impactful projects and the power of data to inform crisp action. Because there is no Plan B for the Planet.
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.