FINLAY London is transforming the premium eye-care market. We design, market and distribute our handmade frames through three distinct channels - online, wholesale and our own physical stores. Our first flagship store opened in Soho, London in 2018. By delivering exceptional customer care and offering a mix of the best independent eyewear brands, the business is a credible challenger and gaining great traction within the multi-billion pound eye-care market.
You’ll play a pivotal role in a constantly evolving business and be able to plan strategically whilst simultaneously being able to get involved in the details of daily operations. You’ll be an insightful team player with the ability to manage priorities and teams to deliver multiple projects simultaneously.
You’ll be a quick learner and have a dissatisfaction with the current levels of customer experience within eyewear retail. You’ll have strong commercial acumen and excellent communication skills.
During a period of eighteen months, the Finlay team will grow from 4 to 16 people. We’re looking for an exceptional individual to drive the operational development of the business.
You will be a capable and experienced operator, with the capacity to lead various initiatives at the same time. You’ll be passionate about growing brands and businesses and implementing strategies and processes that make a tangible impact.
What you’ll be doing
· Working across all areas of the business to identify improvements and efficiencies.
· Managing supply chains and relationships with manufacturers and suppliers
· Helping to control the financial health of business with responsibilities including financial projections, budget management, reporting, payroll management and cash-flow
· Managing large projects including the delivery of new stores and additional website functionality
· Overseeing the maintenance and development of the physical store network
· Owning systems integration and development for the business to enable a first class customer experience across all channels both online and offline
· Forecasting and inventory planning
· Analysing trends and opportunities within eye-care and retail sectors
· Being responsible for creation and maintenance of all job descriptions
Who we’re looking for
· Minimum 7 years’ experience working in a fast-paced commercial environment
· A naturally inquisitive individual with a strong work ethic, willing to regularly go that extra mile to ensure we always deliver for our customers
· A self-starter, self-sufficient, able to manage multiple deadlines
· Ability to truly simplify procedures and systems, from research to full implementation, for maximum efficiency
· A strategic thinker with an ability to think outside the box where required whilst maintaining an attention to detail
· Ability to partner and influence across internal and external partners and functions
· A strong and proven problem solver who embraces accountability
· Good time management and organisational skills. Self-driven and results-orientated with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality and cultural fit
· Ability to operate with limited guidance, prioritising multiple demands and projects
· Critical and analytical thinker with creative problem solving skills
· Excellent communication and people skills with the ability to adapt to different situations
· Highly computer literate: proficient in Excel with strong data analysis and reporting skills
· Strong motivator, innovative thinker with integrity and a leader by example
Our offices are based in Central London