Sales Account Manager
at Hotcakes in London
(₤20000 - ₤26000 per year)
SALES ACCOUNT MANAGER @Hotcakes
Hotcakes connects the best emerging food and drink brands with independent retailers across the UK. We are an online marketplace that makes it easy for retailers to source innovative products from small producers so they can maintain their point of difference on the High Street.
With a rapidly growing portfolio of independent farm shops, delis and cafes nationwide, we are now looking for an entrepreneurial individual to join our sales team. Working closely with the founders, you will take an active role in meeting ambitious growth targets.
You will be joining Tara Mei, the co-founder of Bread & Jam, the largest community of food and drink founders in the UK and her founding team who have previously built and scaled successful high growth e-commerce platforms (YPlan, DICE, City Pantry).
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Proactively building strong relationships with new wholesale customers for our growing range of cutting edge food and drink brands
- Driving sales from new business and our existing customer base through the platform to achieve sales targets set by the founding team
- Daily engagement with our customer network via phone and email
- Representing Hotcakes at trade shows and events
- Producing weekly sales reports and presenting these to the founding team
- Identifying new sectors and developing strategies to pursue them
- Continuously optimising our sales processes using customer insights
- Results driven individual with a proven track record
- Strong commercial acumen and an entrepreneurial attitude
- Confident liaising with retailers big and small, with an excellent understanding of their needs, expectations and processes
- Personable, professional and enthusiastic, with top negotiation skills and passion for people and sales
- Passionate about food, emerging brands and championing small businesses
- London based and able to travel to customers nationwide
- Full UK driving licence highly desirable
ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE:
- Proven success in selling food & drink products to independent retail, particularly within the speciality/artisan sector
- Experience working with small businesses a huge plus
- Good working knowledge of CRM systems and sales funnels (we use Pipedrive)
- Experience with e-commerce and an interest in tech a plus
WHAT WE BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Be part of a fast moving, growing company led by an experienced team
- Take an active role in the growth of hundreds of emerging, cutting edge brands
- Personal development plan and opportunities to progress within the business, including access to a strong network of mentors from challenger brands
- Flexible role based in the office and out in the field – our offices are in London Fields, Hackney
- Competitive compensation package, in line with experience
- Monthly Oyster travelcard and access to Zipcar, mobile and laptop
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.