What’s the role?
The Head of Warehouse Operations will be based in London and report directly to the Operations Director.
The role can be thought of in two parts. Firstly, you will be responsible for ensuring that all day to day warehouse operations run efficiently and smoothly. You will obsess about looking after our customers’ items and ensure that processes are adhered to at all times. Secondly, you will lead innovation across our network of storage locations; testing and designing new approaches, documenting and delivering training and in turn rolling it out to our partners both in the UK and Internationally to ensure effective and measurable execution.
In this role you will be responsible for:
• The security and storage of all our customer items
• Designing and implementing storage processes including inbound, pick and pack and outbound
• Implementing lean operating principles to ensure we have a better system in place each day
• Recruiting, onboarding, training and managing the warehouse team and partners
• Establishing the metrics required and cadence for effectively managing all warehouse operations
• Working with our product and development team to design and implement new software tools
• Purchasing and management of stock and inventory levels
• Ensuring all operational activity is completely H&S compliant
• Contributing to the development of the Operational Strategy
• Be an ambassador for LOVESPACE and its customers.
What are we looking for?
The candidate will demonstrate and have the following attributes:
• Ideally a minimum of 2 years’ experience leading and delivering success in a dynamic, fast moving day to day operation
• Great analytical and problem-solving skills, with a minimum of a 2:1 degree or relevant commercial experience
• Demonstrate excellent time management and planning aptitude
• Experience in the development and management of a Third Party or franchised operational network
• Uncompromising in the adherence to processes and the maintenance of a continuously learning Lean culture. Experience in Lean would be advantageous.
• Entrepreneurial mindset supported by the rigorous application of standardisation and codification
• Live and breathe LOVESPACE’s values of being Engaging, Open, Smart, Reliable, Fair and Inspiring
LOVESPACE is the UK’s first and largest storage by-the-box company.
We collect boxes or larger items from our customers’ doorsteps, store them in one of our secure storage facilities and return them to any UK address whenever needed – as soon as the next day. Customers manage their items online, taking photos and adding descriptions.
LOVESPACE was cofounded in 2012 by Brett Akker (cofounder of Streetcar), Carl August Ameln (Founder of multiple storage business across Europe) and Steve Folwell (Strategy Director at Guardian Media Group).
We are a multi-award winning start-up, having been named High Growth Team of the Year, The UK’s Most Innovative Business, and Crowdfunded Business of the Year (which we won twice), and we’re well on our way with our mission to be the first choice for people and businesses needing help looking after their things.
After successfully growing our business in the UK and developing a world class service we’re now looking for the next wave of pioneers in the storage industry, with the ambition of joining a rapidly growing business with plenty of opportunity for personal and professional growth; as we expand across Europe and beyond.
How to apply?
Please apply by sending your CV and covering letter indicating what makes you a great candidate for this role, your current salary, your availability (notice period) and your eligibility to work in the UK without Sponsorship.
Please note that we will not be able to consider your application if any of the information requested in missing.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE