What’s the role?
The Head of Transport Operations will be based in London and report directly to the Operations Director.
In this role you will be responsible for the successful management of all logistics operations, ensuring our customers consistently receive a service that meets their expectations whilst driving continually to a fully optimised operation.
• Lead on the development of the logistics’ strategy and KPI’s
• Develop, train and manage a network of fleet partners
• Manage the continual improvement of all routing technology
• Ensure all activities are measurable and the performance feedback cycle is instantaneous and formalised
• Manage the LOVESPACE owned fleet ensuring 100% vehicle and driver availability
• Assist in the scoping and development of the software required to enable LOVESPACE and its partners to deliver day to day success
• Deliver training plans to all stakeholders, ensuring all parties are operationally functional by predefined deadlines
• Be a ‘Lean Champion’. Ensure all LOVESPACE fleet and tracking processes are continually reviewed to ensure consistency at scale whilst minimising waste and inefficiencies
• Ensure all operational activity is completely H&S compliant
• Feed into site and service improvements based on operational knowledge of the business
• Be an ambassador for LOVESPACE and its customers.
What are we looking for?
The candidate will demonstrate and have the following attributes:
• Ideally a minimum of 2 years’ experience leading and delivering success in a dynamic, fast moving logistics’ operation
• Great analytical and problem-solving skills, with a minimum of a 2:1 degree or relevant numerically focused, commercial experience
• Demonstrate excellent time management and planning aptitude
• Experience in the development and management of a Third Party or franchised logistics’ network
• Uncompromising in the adherence to processes and the maintenance of a continuously learning Lean culture
• Entrepreneurial mindset supported by the rigorous application of standardisation and codification
• Live and breathe LOVESPACE’s values of being Engaging, Open, Smart, Reliable, Fair and Inspiring
LOVESPACE is the UK’s first and largest storage by-the-box company.
We collect boxes or larger items from our customers’ doorsteps, store them in one of our secure storage facilities and return them to any UK address whenever needed – as soon as the next day. Customers manage their items online, taking photos and adding descriptions.
LOVESPACE was cofounded in 2012 by Brett Akker (cofounder of Streetcar), Carl August Ameln (Founder of multiple storage business across Europe) and Steve Folwell (Strategy Director at Guardian Media Group).
We are a multi-award winning start-up, having been named High Growth Team of the Year, The UK’s Most Innovative Business, and Crowdfunded Business of the Year (which we won twice), and we’re well on our way with our mission to be the first choice for people and businesses needing help looking after their things.
After successfully growing our business in the UK and developing a world class service we’re now looking for the next wave of pioneers in the storage industry, with the ambition of joining a rapidly growing business with plenty of opportunity for personal and professional growth; as we expand across Europe and beyond.
How to apply:
Please apply by sending your CV and covering letter indicating what makes you a great candidate for this role, your current salary, your availability (notice period) and your eligibility to work in the UK without Sponsorship.
Please note that we will not be able to consider your application if any of the information requested in missing.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE