Healthcare is antiquated, and the most “innovative” start-ups are looking at just one part of the patient journey. We are looking for a motivated, strategically-minded and problem-solving Project Manager to work with us here at Medefer to deliver on client implementations. As part of the team you'll be changing how healthcare is fundamentally delivered for a patient, at every stage of their care, between organisations, such as their GP, hospital clinic, and investigations, to name a few.
Working with our business development, engineering and operations teams, and the Chief Executive, you will be part of the Medefer family that manages the implementation of new pathways, technologies and functionalities with internal and external stakeholders. You will be assuming full responsibility for leading the delivery of your designated projects, managing effective communication to all stakeholders, and ensuring project delivery is achieved to agreed timescales to quality standards and agreed budgets.
• Responsible for the full coordination and completion of assigned projects.
• Help the CEO, operations and business development teams review projects and prioritise implementation work.
• Able to deliver projects within the constraints of scope, time and cost to agreed levels of quality, within the organisation's project management framework.
• Oversees and actively participates in all phases of the project or specific phases of larger projects.
• Identifies and sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, monitors and summarises progress of projects.
• Prepares reports for senior management regarding status of project.
• Relies on extensive experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals.
• Leads and directs the work of others.
• A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
• Communicate and liaise with internal and external stakeholders, managing expectations.
• To create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture, closely connected to the whole Medefer family.
• Manages risk, relationships and learnings from projects.
• 3+ years of project management experience.
• Prince 2 – Project Management Certification or similar.
• Experience with project management software such as MS Project or OmniPlan, and creating Gantt charts for progress tracking.
• 2:1 or above from a top-tier university.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Possess a great attention to detail.
• Experience working with business stakeholders, business analysts, and clients.
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
• Familiar with other PM tools/frameworks such as Agile, PMP, (Lean) Six Sigma, MSP, Scrum and/or ITIL.
• You understand that the patient is at the heart of everything you do & empathy drives every decision you make.
• Great writing technical writing skills and an understanding of development process.
• Previous experience in Healthcare and/or a fast-paced start up environment.
At Medefer, we are on a mission to fundamentally re-imagine the way healthcare is delivered across entire healthcare systems: from the time a patient presents to their GP, to when they are diagnosed and treated by a hospital specialist, and their ongoing care. We are building the “National Grid” for healthcare, the platform that entire healthcare systems can be built on globally. We are also the first (and only) company running a virtual hospital service.
Medefer is an award-winning company that has been set up and led by senior specialist clinicians and is the only company whose leadership has been recognised by the NHS Digital Pioneers Awards. To achieve our vision, we are a passionate team of senior clinicians, managers and engineers with deep understanding of healthcare, spanning several decades. We are a vibrant team of creative thinkers and doers, building the very foundations of the future of healthcare.
SOME OF YOUR BENEFITS
Salary range: £40-45k
Being part of a team that is re-imagining how healthcare is delivered is great, but every little helps… Apart from a generous base salary, you will have 28 days annual leave (plus public holidays), subscription to Perkbox (with lots of discounts), a fun, friendly atmosphere and free coffee.