Role: Finance Officer
Location: London, UK
Reports to: Head of Finance
Wefarm is the world’s largest knowledge network and marketplace for small-scale farmers. Using Wefarm they can share and access vital information, products and services without needing any access to the internet.
Since our launch in 2015 we have grown to have 1.3 million farmers using Wefarm who share more than 1.5 million Qs & As a month (that’s about 1 every second!). Wefarm has raised investment from some of the world’s leading VCs, including True Ventures in Silicon Valley, and looking to add to our world class team that’s based in London, Nairobi, Kampala and Dar-es-Salaam.
Small-scale agriculture is the biggest industry on earth, with more than a billion farmers globally supplying 80% of the world's food and commodities, yet remaining digitally unconnected. No one has built a platform for this… until Wefarm. Join us and be a part of our mission to build an ecosystem for global agriculture with the farmer in the centre!
This Finance Officer role is an all encompassing Finance position in an award-winning fast paced Tech Start Up based in London. The right candidate will have some previous experience in a real-time accounting environment. Working in a small team of 3, this is a broad role with tasks ranging from accounts payable to creating management accounts. Ad hoc projects around improving efficiency and Finance partnering with other business areas will also be required. The role will require daily book-keeping and reconciliations as well the opportunity to manage the entire Month End closing process including consolidations for multi-currency accounts. A tech savvy, ambitious self starter, with excellent communication, time management and problem solving skills; will do very well in this role. Working closely with the Head of Finance, from time to time the candidate will be given the opportunity to step up and take on new responsibilities within the Finance department.
What you’ll be doing:
- Accounting for Wefarm’s UK business and support of finance team in our international offices (Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania)
- Daily bookkeeping for expenses and invoices
- Preparing schedules for Accruals, Prepayments, Fixed Assets and Employee Cash Advances
- Daily, Weekly Bank and Credit Card reconciliations
- Prepare consolidation of P&L, Balance sheet and Trial balance across all business units
You should have:
- Advanced Excel skills
- An understanding of the difficulties of accounting in cash-based markets
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- (Useful) Experience in using Xero accounting
- (Desirable) Qualification in AAT or equivalent
You should be:
- Highly numerical
- Proactive and resourceful
- Excellent at communicating and able to flag inconsistencies with managers across the business
- Organised and deadline driven
N.B. You must have the right to work in the UK
We will review and interview on an ongoing basis. Unfortunately, we will only be able to respond to shortlisted candidates.