Analytics Tracking and Implementation Manager
at Secret Escapes in London
We’re looking for a talented and enthusiastic technical Analytics Implementation Manager to join our growing data team and ensure we collect high quality, accurate and rich data to fuel our data pipeline, flowing downstream into our MI, deep-dive analyses and ML predictive models.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a technically-minded individual with a love of raw data to be an integral part of a thriving, profitable business, and to help build a world-class data infrastructure that will be transformational for our people and our customers.
While this role will have ownership over the more traditional Tag Management implementation, this is just the start. We’re looking for a hands-on, highly technical and analytically minded individual who can work cross-functionally with the product team, tech team and data team to:
- Identify what and how we should be collecting data (client-side, server-side) to support deep understanding of customer behaviour
- Devise the technical specifications for data collection, writing and QA-ing code where needed
- Oversee the tracking implementation and QA-ing process end to end
- Implement processes to ensure tracking stays robust and up to date
- Ensure our data collection keeps up with the business!
- Take ownership of all tag and marketing pixel implementation in GTM, Snowplow tracking, GA tracking, Optimizely, Firebase tracking on the website, and native app.
- Audit the existing client-side/server-side data collection setup, identifying gaps in tracking and processes, setup inefficiencies and identifying opportunities to improve the richness and quality of data collection at every step of the process.
- Consolidate our legacy, fragmented GTM setup (multiple properties/containers) where possible using best practices
- Work closely with the Head of Data to set the direction of our technical analytics strategy in line with our long-term data strategy.
- Work with business owners, data team, product team, tech team, analysts and data scientists to understand business requirements and to identify and advise:
- Tracking for new features, ensuring to set up processes so that data collection is always part of the release cycle
- Tracking for measuring AB/MVT experiments to support the measurement and understanding of tests winning or losing.
- Set up processes to ensure that tracking stays up to date and minimise risk of downtime:
- Ensuring up to date, live documentation
- Work cross-functionally to devise automated processes and alerting
- Work with data team to verify data flow end-to-end in the data warehouse,
- Work with the marketing team to optimise processes for campaign tracking.
The Deal Breakers
- Expert technical knowledge of Google Tag Manager and its ecosystem
- Proven experience setting up and managing complex, large-scale implementations across web and mobile in the retail or travel space.
- Experience implementing or working with clickstream data.
And you are…
- Meticulous when it comes to devising processes and documentation and QA work.
- Proactive and highly organised, with strong time management and planning skills
- Willing to step outside your comfort zone to broaden your skills and learn new technologies.
- Pro-active, self-starter mindset; identifying elegant solutions to difficult problems and being able to suggest new and creative approaches.
Nice to have
- Experience working with Snowplow or other event-level analytics platform is a big plus
- Experience setting up analytics integrations with AB testing platforms (we use Optimizely)
- Knowledge or experience of working to set up server-side tracking.
- An engineering mindset looking to leverage modern tools and technologies to drive efficiencies.
- Good understanding of the flow of data from data collection to reporting and insights.
Things you should know about us
We’re continually improving as a team and over 20% of our time is allocated to personal objectives and hack days giving us the space to also develop individually which is an important part of our team. This is an excellent chance to experiment with technology and deliver that feature no one else thought of.
We are an equal opportunity employer:
We value and actively seek out a richly diverse range of talent, and have policies in place to ensure that every applicant and employee has the best chance to thrive here. We are an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law.
Recent jobs at Secret Escapes
- Content Editor, FTC at Secret Escapes in London 21-01-2019
- Contracts Manager - UK at Secret Escapes in London 21-01-2019
- Package Operations Executive at Secret Escapes in London 21-01-2019
- Workforce Manager at Secret Escapes in London 21-01-2019