*** HEAD OF MARKETING ***
at Beauhurst in London
(₤50000 - ₤70000 per year)
Looking for your next big Marketing challenge? Want to head up an ambitious team at a fast-growing, B2B tech company? Then come and lead our team, drive growth and help the world understand the UK’s most exciting companies.
Perhaps you have experience in a B2B Head of Marketing role and are looking to work at a company with a more exciting product, culture or growth trajectory. Or you’re an experienced Senior Marketing Manager at a tech company and feel you’ve now gained the skills you need to head up your own department.
Either way, you’ll do a great job if you’re tech-savvy and data-driven, with experience managing every part of the marketing mix to optimise performance. We’re also looking for an excellent leader, team-builder and people manager, who both supports and challenges people to get the very best from them.
WHAT WE DO
Our platform lets users search a huge database of high-growth companies and the ecosystems around them. It’s an invaluable window into the world of start-ups, scale-ups, funds, accelerators and beyond.
Our subscribers depend on the Beauhurst platform for a wide variety of use cases, from business development, discovering investment opportunities and building partnerships to understanding sectoral or large-scale trends amongst high-growth companies.
We’ve already brought on board organisations such as Deloitte, Reuters, the London Stock Exchange Group and KPMG, but there’s a long way still to go. We want to grow our user base to include any professional with an interest in the most exciting companies in the UK. To do that, we need your help
We’re looking for an experienced marketer to lead our smart, capable team as we ramp up our growth.
You’ll be in charge of positioning Beauhurst as an essential data provider in our target markets, generating high quality inbound leads for our sales team and nurturing our blog and newsletter audiences. You’ll also be a vital member of our strategy team – working closely with the CEO and other Heads of Departments to shape the long-term direction of the whole company.
Reporting to the CEO, you’ll have control over a six-figure (and rising) budget and head up a team of 3-4 talented Marketers, with skills across content creation, design and CRM/automation.
Lead generation and growth marketing
- Develop and execute an integrated marketing strategy (across content, events, paid media, PR, organic, social etc)
- Set and exceed ambitious growth marketing targets
- Work closely with Sales and Account Management to deliver on processes, collateral and campaigns that drive qualified leads and key client retention
Brand building and communications
- Oversee all brand-building, content creation and promotion to position us as a thought leader and authority in our space
- Manage press promotion and relationships with target media organisations
- Lead on managing crisis communications
- Build impactful relationships with key influencers and organisations, including journalists, membership bodies, think tanks and government
Company strategy and leadership
- Work with CEO and other Heads of Department to develop company strategy and set organisation-wide objectives
- Line manage team members and oversee skills and career development
- Internal communications and reporting
- Communicate strategy, goals and performance to teams and individuals across the company
- Develop and maintain reporting structures to the senior team and other departments
- Put in place and maintain industry best practice across all our marketing
- Share industry developments and knowledge with colleagues
- At least 5 years’ experience in challenging B2B marketing roles
- Experience in high-growth preferably tech companies
- Experience setting and exceeding KPIs
- Team leadership and line management experience
- Experience building a brand profile
- Experience managing a significant budget
- Tech-savvy, with experience of a variety of digital marketing tools across channels
- Highly numerate and comfortable with analysis, forecasting and projections
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- A great communicator and relationship-builder
- Able to work effectively with a small team and run projects autonomously
- Interest in startups, disruption and high-growth businesses
- Experience marketing a SaaS or other tech platform business
- Experience using various advertising platforms (Google, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Comfortable working with and developing strategies for automation and CRM systems (eg Hubspot, Marketo, Pardot etc) or email automation (Campaign Monitor, Mailchimp etc)
- Experience using data analysis platforms e.g. Google Data Studio, Tableau
- Experience using A/B testing and landing page tools eg Google Optimise, Unbounce, Wordpress
- Extensive knowledge of SEM and SEO strategy and implementation, including SEO optimisation tools (Yoast, Moz, SEMRush, Search Console etc)
- Comfortable using Google Analytics to monitor overall digital performance
- Working with creative team or designers to develop conversion-optimised landing pages
Salary: £50k – £70k
There is scope for further flexibility on salary, depending on experience.
As well as that, we’re delighted to offer:
- Substantial options scheme
- Fantastic culture and company social life
- Beautiful Brixton office with rooftop terrace
- Personal development budget for training /reading material
- Flexible hours
- Matched pensions scheme
- Season ticket travel loan
If that all sounds up your street, it’s about time you applied.
Please submit your CV and a cover letter telling us why you want the role and why you’d be great at it. We’re looking for someone to start straight away so please apply asap to avoid missing out!
Please note, generic cover letters and applications without a cover letter will be automatically rejected.
Recent jobs at Beauhurst
- *** PEOPLE OPERATIONS MANAGER *** at Beauhurst in London 22-01-2019
- *** ACCOUNT MANAGER *** at Beauhurst in London 22-01-2019
- *** DATA INTERN – NOTTINGHAM *** at Beauhurst in London 23-01-2019
- *** DATA CURATOR - NOTTINGHAM *** at Beauhurst in London 30-01-2019
- *** GRAD FULL STACK DEVELOPER – EXPERIENCE: 0 YRS + *** at Beauhurst in London 30-01-2019
- *** FRONT END DEVELOPER – EXPERIENCE: 1 YR + *** at Beauhurst in London 30-01-2019