Full Stack Development Lead
at Secret Spa in London
(₤55000 - ₤80000 per year)
Secret Spa is a fast growing start-up revolutionising the beauty and wellness industry. Our leading platform allows our customers to book elite beauty professionals any time and any place. Our luxury service is the choice of London’s VIPs and celebrities. With £1m of recent funding from high-profile investors, in 2019 we will be expanding across the U.K. and internationally. The UK spends nearly the same on beauty services as on taxis or takeaways. This is a chance to build something that consumers will really care about and that transforms the lives of the freelance beauty professionals we work with.
We are seeking a Lead Developer with strong vision who is looking to own the technology stack. This is a chance for someone to make a mark with support of a founding team who are willing to invest heavily in making technology a key point of differentiation.
Our products include native mobile apps for customers, native mobile apps for freelance beauty professionals and a web dashboard for our customer service team. Our backend is written in Node and our front end stack includes AngularJS, Swift and Java.
All development work to date has been carried out by agencies, and we are now and the exciting stage where we are taking back control! With that in mind our lead will have significant autonomy to develop the stack with a long term vision in mind and therefore choice of technologies moving forwards.
What you’d do
- Architect, design, build and maintain the Secret Spa web platform.
- Lead the agile development across all company products – design, implementation and deployment
- Constantly monitor performance and user metrics to identify issues and recommend changes and new features
What we are looking for…
- Degree in computer science, maths, or equivalent commercial experience.
- Commercial experience with both frontend and backend projects.
- Expert in Node.js (readable, testable, efficient).
- Expert in relational DBs * Experience working with one of React, Angular (version 2 and above) or Vue.js.
- Strong knowledge of web app scaling and optimisation.
- Exposure to Amazon Web Services.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with React Native
- Skills in other programming languages.
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
Salary: Very competitive, depending on experience. Also potential for share options
We employ passionate people who are excited about building something big. There are 10 of us in the team from a range of specialist backgrounds (soon to be expanding). Our office is in a leading co-working space with a free gym, Friday drinks, pet friendly, ping-pong tables etc. We are passionate about re-imagining work for 2019 by creating an empowered environment for collaboration, innovation and fun.
- 25 days paid holiday
- Flexible working arrangements
- EMI share options scheme (depending on experience)
- Bright, modern startup office in Vauxhall London with free gym
- Generous allowance of beauty and wellness treatments (e.g. massages)
- Developer-spec laptop and choice of desk setup