Full Stack Engineer
at LandInsight in London
(₤35000 - ₤45000 per year)
We’re looking for a passionate, empathetic, self-starting Software Engineer to help us scale our product and delight our current customers.
About the Company
Want to take on a challenging problem? How about one of the UK’s most challenging problems? The Housing Crisis is an issue which has an effect on all of us. We’re helping to make a systemic change in the property industry, using our software to make the sector more dynamic, transparent, and efficient.
Taking on this problem creates a host of issues for us to address:
- Maintaining data sets from over 600 sources
- Interpreting unstructured data
- Displaying all this information intuitively
- Most importantly building something that will get more homes built!
These are but a few of the challenges we face and it’s these that keep us all excited to turn up to work.
You’ll be surrounded by driven, passionate, brilliant people. You’ll also be surrounded by people who end up being your mates. We love spending time together outside work – we do everything from our annual company Ski Trip, to paintball, escape-rooms, cooking classes, and your humble Thursday or Friday beers (thanks, WeWork). We’re a company which, well, enjoys each other’s company!
Join us and join something greater than yourself. Join a mission which is going to impact the country. Join a team of people who will help you learn and grow.
We’re scaling our platform and we want you to help us. In transitioning from start-up to scale-up, we also need to transform our tech stack. You will be involved in adding on top of our current stack (Vuejs, Node, GraphQL, Mongo, Postgres, Elasticsearch), as well as experimenting and adopting other tech (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker, Typescript). We’re constantly reviewing and improving how we develop software and keeping our stack up to date is part of this.
We value an open and collaborative working environment, so you can be sure your voice will be heard. Each of our engineers contributes to the decisions we make as a team, both in tech, but also the wider company. A more collaborative and diverse environment leads to better outcomes, but we also end up learning a lot from our fellow colleagues.Moving fast is a priority for us. We value fast-feedback and data-driven decision making. The team works closely with the customer to ensure what we’re building solves their problems. You can be sure you’ll always understand the purpose of your work and see the impact when you develop a solution!
You should apply if
- You’re excited by the prospect of redefining how an industry works
- You’re keen to take ownership of different areas of the software stack
- You love to experiment with new tech and try out new ideas
- You’re able to communicate with other engineers and also non-technical
- You can empathise with users and colleagues to understand the problems they face
- You love moving, iterating, testing, and deploying quickly
- You’re excited by the challenge we’re taking on / by the opportunity to solve one of the UK’s biggest challenges
About our offering:
- Flexible working hours (as long as you’re in for 11am) and location (work from home, a cafe, whatever suits you best)
- Professional and personal empowerment budget
- Loads of social events
- Gym and wellness contributions, and a cycle to work scheme
- Work at WeWork’s flagship office, 2 mins from Liverpool St station
- Work closely with other departments and teams, including the Founders
- Quarterly company wide social day (think paintballing, cooking classes, escape rooms, etc.)
- Annual ski / snowboard trip
- 33 days flexi holiday (including bank holidays) and buy as much extra holiday as you want
- Competitive salary and equity options
If you think you would be a great fit for LandInsight please apply with your CV and a covering letter explaining why you’re right for the role.
Recent jobs at LandInsight
- Account Manager/Senior Account Manager at LandInsight in London 07-12-2018
- Customer Success Manager at LandInsight in London 07-12-2018
- Sales Development Representative at LandInsight in London 07-12-2018