Company Operations Intern
at Idea Drop in London
(₤300 per month)
An exciting opportunity for hands-on, cross-functional experience in a fast growing London enterprise B2B scaleup in a structured 3-month programme, rolling into the opportunity and potential of a full-time paid role.
Idea Drop is a London-based scale-up helping organisations everywhere capture and action the best ideas from their people. We’ve raised over £1.2m, are backed by a team of great investors and are now building a diverse and talented team to carry out our mission to make the world’s ideas more open, transparent and collaborative. Our global clients range from Fortune 500 organisations to UK public sector and include Post Office, Met Police, Eversheds Sutherland, Anglo American and many more. But we’re just getting started.
What’s the opportunity?
As a business operations intern at Idea Drop, your role will be hugely varied and exciting, working across a wide range of projects and initiatives. You’ll be jumping into all areas of the business, working closely with the founders and other key team members across product, engineering, customer success, marketing and sales as we execute our growth strategy. And as a rapidly expanding business, this is a great opportunity for a new graduate to gain wide-ranging experience in a growing London technology company. You’ll have hands-on exposure to all areas of the company in a structured 12 week programme, including leading on projects end-to-end.
- Assist our users with support requests and be the first point of contact for inbound sales queries and user messages, received via Intercom.
- Help our product team by evaluating the product and providing feedback of ways you think it could be improved. * Plan and deliver user testing, surveys and focus-groups, including crunching the data and reporting key findings back to the product and design team.
- Research and understand our users’ needs, and translate them into product requirements to help shape our roadmap and feature priorities.
- Work closely with our sales team, setting up demo content, presentation decks and data for our clients.
- Help integrate and improve our internal operations tech stack – we run on Slack, Trello, Pipedrive, Intercom, G Suite, Jira and others
- A range of other tasks, projects and business priorities including general admin and errands. * Office management tasks.
- Answering incoming queries via phone and any customer enquiries
- Data cleansing on our inbound marketing and sales tools.
- A university degree is great but not a strict requirement – we care far more about your approach, passion, experiences and skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal English with an ability to write sharp, concise and on-brand copy across a range of mediums.
- Excellent organisational skills and thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- An ability to manage deadlines, your workload and the expectations of clients, colleagues and suppliers.
- A love and genuine interest in technology.
- Highly commercially focused – we love working with people who get excited and enthused about all elements of how a company works.
- Self-motivated, driven, and engaging.
- A real sense of urgency tempered by the ability to keep calm under pressure.
This is a structured programme in which we partner with you with the aim to transition you across into a full time contract at the end of the 12 weeks. With this in mind, we’re most interested to hear from candidates that have a long-term outlook. However, exceptional candidates are occasionally considered for shorter-term placements with us or 1-year opportunities as part of degree programmes. If in doubt, please apply!
Term, structure and benefits:
- 12 week structured internship programme with exposure and involvement across all core areas of the business – Sales, Product, Engineering, Marketing, Customer Success and Finance
- At the end of the 12-weeks, there may be an opportunity to roll into a full time paid role, in any area of the business.
- Working hours are Monday – Friday 9am – 6pm here at our offices a few minutes walk from Bermondsey tube station with shower facilities and secure bike storage. Pure Gym 1 minute walk. Southwark Park 3 minute walk.
- Fixed £300 expenses contribution per month.
How to apply:
Please send us a short (but bespoke!) email with an overview of why you’re a good fit for this, together with your CV and we’ll come back to you as quickly as we can.
The selection process comprises a short initial call with one of the founders, followed by a half-day onsite trial working on a real project here at our offices.