We are looking for a sales and marketing director to join the startup, Content Eleven.
Please reply with a covering letter and CV.
N.B Initially only a commissioned based salary, with equity options.
We're seeking someone with a unique combination of great sales abilities, a good knowledge of the digital content industry and plenty of experience and contacts within the major media agencies in London. E.g McCann, Adam & Eve, Publicis, Saatchi & Saatchi, Havas, BBH, etc.
The people you will be selling to are brands and agencies who cater to the youth market. We want someone who has an understanding of world advertising but also loves to go out and entice agencies and decision makers. Someone how loves to speak on the phone and is hungry and driven to sell an idea.
• Start relationships with decision makers within media agencies and brands with internal media departments and build on the relationships Content Eleven has already fostered.
• Deliver our message to buyers within agencies, brands and other companies who buy image, video and audio content regularly.
• Successfully convert leads through each step of the sales process.
• Plan, develop, execute, test and re-execute sales strategies.
• At least 2 years of sales or marketing experience
• Knowledge of Agencies in London and how they work.
• Knowledge of the digital content sourcing industry
• Knowledge of analytics tools and spreadsheets and CRM
• Excellent English speaker.
• Good copywriting skills
• Good phone manner
• You are well connected in the agency world in London.
• You much prefer to get out there and speak to people on the phone or in person, rather than hiding behind a screen
• You are someone who is very ambitious, entrepreneurial and forward-thinking but also fun and good-hearted.
• You relish selling your idea
• You have your sights set high and you want to achieve great things in your career and be financially rewarded for it.
• You are someone who doesn't give up and is brave.
• You are confident, able to talk to anyone but also articulate, friendly and empathetic.
• You are also tech-savvy and good at copywriting
• You are very organised and a team player. You don't shy away from the tasks that you are asked to perform and you are more interested in getting the work done than finishing by 5 pm.
• You are also good at communicating with your team and able to speak up and express any issues you may have.
• You love to own a project and solve problems and don't need to be told what to do all the time.
• You are a keen learner, ready to listen to people.
• You have a passion for youth culture and are interested in media, advertising, fashion, trends and enjoy art, photography and film.
(N.B there is no salary for the first couple of months)
• Equity share
• Commission for the work you bring in
• A paid role will start after we receive seed funding (in the next 2-3 months) at the market rate. Currently, no one at Content Eleven is paid.
• Startup experience
• Friendly, high energy office with lots of startups in London Fields
• Opportunity for fast career growth
ABOUT CONTENT ELEVEN
Content Eleven an online platform for buyers and sellers of audiovisual content. The buyers are brands, agencies and content managers and the sellers are photographers, videographers, voice over artists and audio producers.
We occupy the space between a stock library site and a talent hiring platform.
Unlike stock sites, we specialise in authentic, custom content and unlike a hiring platform, our focus is on the output, the content.
We also believe in being good to our sellers. The platform is completely free, worlds apart from the likes of Shutter, which give their sellers as little as 20% of the sale price. We let our sellers pick the price to sell their work and they keep 100% of the price they choose.
Content Eleven was founded by Christy Lindsay in 2017. Christy has worked in the content industry for 17 years. During his time he found that there was often a mismatch between content producers and the agencies that employ them. All to often agencies begrudgingly settled for stock content because of time and budget constraints, even though there were loads of talented content producers ready to capture the content. That's what got him thinking, "what if we could use tech to make it really easy and less expensive to hire content producers and source really good content?"