Part-Time Legal Counsel
at Ometria in London
Ometria are looking for a Part-Time Tech Legal Counsel to support our fast-growing business. We are looking for someone with 2+ years PQE, to work 2/3 days a week (flexible on hours), reporting into our General Counsel.
Who are we?
Ometria’s mission is to help retailers create marketing experiences their customers will love. Our core technology is a customer marketing platform that enables retailers to send personalised marketing messages throughout the customer journey, increasing customer loyalty and lifetime value.
Backed by top VC funds across the US, UK and Europe, Ometria is trusted by some of the fastest growing retail brands in the world such as Made.com, Long Tall Sally, Charlotte Tilbury, and Feelunique.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a junior lawyer or someone returning to work to join Ometria – the 7th fastest growing tech company in the UK, according to Deloitte – managing a diverse portfolio of work as we expand across the globe and onwards towards our Unicorn objective
What would you be doing?
Ometria’s General Counsel is responsible for overseeing Ometria’s worldwide legal affairs including intellectual property, data protection, information assurance, regulation, compliance and corporate matters. Your role will be to assist with the department’s responsibilities for US expansion, Series B funding, Brexit risk mitigation and the implementation and monitoring of Ometria’s ISMS.
Who are you?
- You have consistently strong higher education results.
- If you can show a mastery of the law at the relevant level of degree/GDL, LPC and PSC, then you should apply.
- Your training seats will have focused on areas of business law i.e.
- Commercial Law
- Company Law
- Computer and IT Law
- Corporate Finance
- Employment Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Your post qualification experience are in one or more of the areas of law above.
- You are commercially aware and have demonstrable experience of providing business-minded legal advice.
- You are quick to absorb large amounts of information, facts and figures about Ometria along with the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats to the business, being able to distill the complexities of commercial law to a level appropriate for the board, SMT, seniors within the company.
- You have strong technical knowledge.
- Knowledge of data protection and/or information assurance would be helpful.
- You will have strong oral and written skills. You should be a confident speaker, happy to provide advice and insight to all levels of the company.
- Your time management will be effective and methodological.
- The department’s workload for 2019 is extensive with critical milestones which must be achieved for the success of Ometria. You will have the skills to execute on those milestones in an orderly and timely manner.
- You have the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
We believe that it’s awesome to be here! Here are a few of the benefits that make Ometria a great place to work:
- 31 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Regular socials and activities
- Committees and sports clubs
- Subsidised gym membership
- Personal development budget
- Fully stocked kitchen with breakfast, snacks and drinks
We are reviewing applications as they come in and will be conducting initial phone interviews in the last 2 weeks of February.
If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch! We look forward to hearing from you.
Recent jobs at Ometria
- Enterprise Business Development Executive at Ometria in London 11-02-2019
- Business Development Executive at Ometria in London 11-02-2019