Senior Digital Designer
at Shed Collective Ltd in London
(₤40000 - ₤45000 per year)
We’re hiring a senior digital designer to join and lead our creative team. This role requires previous digital agency experience, web and app design experience, brand design experience and advanced skills in the tools of the trade such as Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch. An understanding of user experience processes (you will be working closely with the user experience lead) and web/app development processes (you will be working closely with the front and back-end development teams) is also essential.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Lead all creative projects across the studio
- Lead a small creative team (in-house, remote and contract designers, and interns), providing guidance, quality assurance and a degree of project management
- Work directly with key clients (including retainer clients) to produce, share and iterate over designs, including planning and running client workshops
- Work closely with project managers to plan resource, ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Work closely with the UX and development teams as projects pass through the production lifecycle (questioning decisions, diagnosing and solving problems)
- Provide studio-wide quality assurance, ensuring that every piece of design that we produce meets a high standard
- Produce engaging and beautiful digital designs for web and mobile (with and without wireframes, branding or client input)
- Work closely with the directors exploring new business opportunities; producing design on spec for project pitches and proposals (this part of the role will include travel)
- Legacy project maintenance and artworking (maintaining smaller existing projects alongside more junior members of the team)
We’ll expect you to provide us with a strong portfolio that can demonstrate your process and capability, and expect you to be able to describe key projects you have delivered in detail. Over and above your experience, a positive attitude and the ability to work and gel with a small team are top of the list.
We expect and plan to grow your salary in-line with your ability and input on projects. Performance based bonuses will also be available after project sign-offs and high-fives. This is a full time role offering a fair salary depending on experience, which will be reviewed regularly.
Day to day, we work 9ish-5ish, provide 28 days holiday, bank and public holidays on top. It goes without saying that you’ll be working on whatever kit you need (we have 27” iMacs and Macbook Pros available), whatever tools you might need, coffee, more coffee and a beer/wine stocked fridge.
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.