Content Marketing Executive (inbound)
at Commusoft in London
(₤23000 - ₤25000 per year)
Our blog plays an important role in Commusoft’s content marketing strategy, from being seen as an expert in the industry to raising brand awareness and converting traffic into qualified leads.
Since we launched the blog 3 years ago, we have built a healthy dedicated audience and now want to expand our organic reach.
About the role
This role has a strong focus on writing long format copy to support our inbound business blog which provides content to help readers with their day-to-day business challenges. As the content marketing exec, you’ll be creating inbound digital assets for the top of the funnel (TOFU), assets such as blogs, white papers, podcasts and ebooks. You’ll also be in charge of content distribution. With the TOFU emphasis you’ll be collecting research, reaching out to third party people and organisations, interviewing and writing. A fair bit of writing! So you do need some pretty good writing skills.
Our goal is to provide interesting technology solutions to help customers in the field service industries (think heating engineers and electrical companies) to both manage and grow their businesses.
You’ll report to our Head of Digital Marketing, based in the US, and work closely with the Product Content Executive and the Marketing Executive, in London, to build funnel workflows, to capture, nurture and convert leads.
Content marketing responsibilities include:
- Writing weekly engaging, creative, innovative copy for our business blog (using interviews, Q&A, quotes from experts in the industry)
- Creating long format pillar pages (3000 words) and gated content piece (white papers, checklists, infographics, ebooks, case studies, podcasts)
- Optimising and repurposing existing content for different channels and increase organic traffic
- Writing copy specifically for SEO with a solid understanding of how content is ranked and indexed
- Creating and sending the weekly email newsletter
You’ll also have weekly meeting with other departments for support in getting content ideas in line with real client problems.
- Very strong writing skills
- Motivation to learn
- Knowledge of content marketing best practices
- Excellent written communication, with perfect grammar
- Experience in blogging and copy editing
- Knowledge of SEO best practice
- Experience growing organic traffic
- Great verbal communication, we’re a team that works in the UK, USA and India
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Great organisation and time management skills to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to operate with a growth mindset and have experience overcoming challenging problems
Your experience *At least 1-2 years’ experience working in content writing and in digital marketing
- Ideally B2B experience
- Brownie points if you’ve already worked for a software company or in the tech industry
- Experience with Hubspot and Wordpress would be great, but not required
- Experience utilising social media in a business context
- Familiarity with Google Analytics
- SEMrush experience, or similar, would be great too
About the marketing team
We use Slack on a daily basis, use Trello to collaborate and love doing coffee video calls. We’re always measuring and celebrating marketing successes, that’s why we set up monthly and quarterly KPIs.
Most importantly, we’re proactive. We encourage you to share ideas and you’d be involved in all aspects of the marketing process with the opportunity to experiment new ideas and make a major impact in the team. We do love a bit of experimentation!
About the company
Based in London, Commusoft is a B2B, software as a service (SaaS) company helping field service businesses grow and become more profitable. Over 1,200 businesses in the UK, Ireland and the UAE are using our product with more joining every week.
Working at Commusoft
We’re based right next to the O2 in North Greenwich (Commusoft’s HQ), on the 10th floor with fantastic views of London. Before your first day you’ll get to choose your equipment: Windows, Mac or Linux. We provide breakfast, fruit and snacks. Salary is dependent on experience.
Annual salary: 23000£ – 25000£
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.