Part-time Financial Controller
at Pasta Evangelists in London
Part time financial controller
Pasta Evangelists is hiring a Financial Controller, part time, 2-3 days per week.
The FC will support our CFO&COO/ Co Founder with financial and business management, including:
• Maintaining the financial books and records including the purchase and sales ledger, preparing bank reconciliations and other financial controls.
• Prepare monthly management accounts and assist with the preparation of Board reports.
• Calculate and prepare the quarterly VAT returns ensuring these are in line with statutory requirements.
• Run the monthly payroll process for c.20 employees including PAYE calculations, pension contributions and employee expense claims.
• Management of the annual audit and statutory reports including annual returns.
• Work with the CFO to streamline the month end reports and processes where possible.
• Provide ad hoc reports and analysis to assist the CFO&COO as required.
• Other ad hoc requirement such as share schemes, Companies House returns etc.
Who we are looking for
We need someone who can learn quickly and take on responsibility for our financial management and systems: we are growing fast so our small team is always busy!
Previous experience in financial management & control is essential, holding a formal accountancy qualification would be ideal but is not required. There is potential for the role to become broader and full time as the business grows.
This job is based in our head office in Farringdon EC1: we are happy to discuss flexible working with at least one day per week based in our office.
Our mission is clear, loud and simple: we want to be THE authority in fresh, artisan pasta. And it’s a booming market! As a category, pasta is worth £3.8bn in the UK alone, and we are the only company disrupting it! So far, we have raised over £2.2m GBP of funding from Tier 1 investors and continue to grow the business at 20% month-on-month. We are one of the fastest-growing food tech start-ups in the UK!
At Pasta Evangelists, we deliver fresh pasta dishes of restaurant quality across the UK. We provide our customers with fresh, handmade pasta, the finest sauces & beautiful garnishes from Italy, inviting them to prepare a 5* pasta dish in the comfort of their own home. With the hard work taken care of by our Italian chefs, all our customers need to do is boil the pasta and heat up the sauce… e buon appetito, a Michelin-starred quality meal in minutes!