Are you a high-energy, people-person who loves to build relationships, revels at the opportunity to strike up conversations with anyone, and you are excited about the idea of thinking of new ways to add value to our portfolio companies? If so, please read on...
We are on the hunt for a Network Manager to join our small team who can help grow, shape and maintain our founder and portfolio community. You’ll be a self-starter and an incredibly effective generalist, with strong communication, prioritisation and community building skills. You'll feel right at home in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and prides yourself on having a roll-up-the-sleeves mentality.
You must be able to work independently even though you’ll work closely with our Head of Network and Brand to achieve the network objectives and other logistics / operations activities. This is a hands-on role that’s an opportunity to shape your own path within a small team. If you’re ambitious and have the appetite to work towards building something great, then you’re the person we need!
WHAT WILL YOU DO...
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to…
- Onboard new founders and portfolio companies into the network
- Handle inbound requests and be the first point of contact for network queries
- Research which resources, service providers and partners would be most value-add
- Actively build relationships with these partners to create the best support & advisor network for our portfolio companies as and when they need
- Provide regular reporting on network engagement, perform user research to better understand how we can improve the user experience and develop new initiatives to build
- Track and collate portfolio activities / milestones / press for the monthly newsletter
- Assist with coordination of quarterly team socials and keep CRM contact lists up to date
Events & Marketing:
- Develop and execute our roster of Network events for the portfolio including our annual Founders’ summit & retreat, workshops and periodic topical dinners. (25+ events/year)
- Assist in planning wider ecosystem events, team off-sites & outings
- Create event pages, draft copy for events, and other materials as needed
- Track and collate RSVP lists
- Create master lists of venues, suppliers and other relevant information for the key ecosystems
- Manage the wider ecosystem event calendar
- Support larger special content projects as needed
- Help devise creative ways to increase our existing and prospective target audience
WHO ARE WE...
We are a product-focused, seed stage venture capital fund based in London, investing in ambitious founders across Europe. Since our inception in 2012, we’ve made it our mission to back purpose-led entrepreneurs obsessed with solving hard problems at scale by creating software products and companies that people love. We are low-volume, high conviction investors, meaning we make ~12 deals per year. This allows us to have deep relationships with our founders and the portfolio companies that they build.
The role would best suit someone who enjoys working in a candid, combative yet collaborative environment. We’re committed to learning and growing as investors, meaning debates and discussions are core to our culture, as is striving to deliver an outstanding user experience to our portfolio companies.
The interview process will be 4 stages as follows...
- Video Interview
- Face to face
- Chemistry fit social
We’d love to have this new addition to our team by March 2020
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR...
At least two years prior community / platform / ops experience at a VC is a strong plus
Ability to act confidently within a team and the ability to work in a self-directed manner
A strong interest in community & relationship building
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
A can-do attitude
Familiarity with Airtable, Notion, SplashThat would be a bonus!
WHO YOU ARE...
A natural connector with outstanding interpersonal skills
A people-person who loves community, making new connections and building meaningful relationships
A dynamic and adaptable personality - you bring your heart and soul
A problem-solver with strong organisational and prioritisation skills
A creative thinker and self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset who is curious about new technologies and passionate about our mission
A doer with drive and ambition to get things done and see results
Highly motivated, metrics-driven and impact-orientated
Can execute across many different project/fronts at the same time
PERKS & COMPENSATION...
- Competitive salary and discretionary bonus
- Top-tier private healthcare
- Pension contribution
- A generous holiday allowance
- Support for continuous learning and development
- Opportunity to join an innovative, dynamic European VC firm
- Opportunity to do work that directly has a positive impact on our incredible founders and their teams, and access to world class investors and industry experts
- Healthy and delicious office snacks & drinks