Job Title: Senior / Lead Android Developer
Reporting to: Engineering Manager
Location: London Bridge
Salary: £65-£75k DOE + great perks!
• Good career development opportunities
• Great perks package
• Put your name to the next big IoT products in the UK & USA
• Work with a talented and friendly team
• Lovely new office in London Bridge
• Genuine opportunity for a talented and driven individual
If you are a talented, innovative and ambitious Android developer looking to play a key role in a successful and rapidly expanding start-up, we can offer you the challenge and opportunity that you are looking for.
You will be responsible for and take ownership of the entire app lifecycle from concept through to delivery and post launch support.
Apps will be mainly content based and will speak with our hardware both over the Cloud and locally over, for example, WiFi or Bluetooth. You will be expected to have experience in a multitude of frameworks and platforms with a proven track-record of delivering Android apps designed to a high standard.
As a skilled Android developer you’ll be working on lots of different ‘Smarter’ projects, alongside the development of pioneering mobile applications.
Smarter is an award winning British connected home company with a product range that connects existing appliances to the internet, allowing you to control them from your phone. At Smarter we design, manufacture and distribute our products throughout Europe and the US with customers such as Currys, John Lewis and Best Buy. We are a passionate group of people based in London with plans to expand the business globally. Growing at a rate of 300%, we are set to become one of the fastest growing UK technology companies.
Main roles and responsibilities
• Act as the lead developer, you would be expected to help mentor the team
• Work alongside the creative design team, sharing skills and technical knowledge
• Take part in regular peer code reviews
• Manage and deliver the entire app life cycle, including concept, build, deployment, release to app store and maintenance
• Establish detailed app specifications
• Be proactive; devise solutions to anticipated problems
• Work alongside UX/UI developers and the support team to conduct effective user testing
• Help with security implementation, and performance optimisation
• Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in mobile and consumer technologies
• Attend client meetings and events / conferences
The following skills/experiences are considered a must in-order to be considered for employment:
• Able to demonstrate extensive experience in Android development, in a senior or team lead position
• Published examples of mobile applications on the Google Play Store
• A track record of delivering successful consumer and/or business products
• Demonstrated ability to work with many different APIs
• Experience with BT/WiFi and mobile-to-product communications
• Must show evidence of the ability to program in a structured, logical format
• Experience of working with revision control systems such as Git
• Ability to use analytical data and user testing to make design decisions
• A passion for new consumer technology
• Ability to multi-task; must have good time management skills
• Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team
• Excellent scoping and estimation skills
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Strong Android OO design and programming skills
• Knowledge of database management systems
• Understanding of other compiled languages
• Experience integrating web technologies
• Excellent debugging and optimisation skills
Due to the number of applications we receive, only successful candidates will be contacted.