ABOUT THE JOB:
The Guidebook team is seeking a confident, driven Business Development Manager to join our team in London. This individual will define and develop our sales process to sell mobile application technology for events, employee onboarding and training, sales enablement materials, and other scenarios where content can be digitally distributed to a specific audience. Our technology is in the hands of millions of people each year, and you will be the key driver of revenue growth for the company.
As a Business Development Manager, you are on the front lines for evangelising our product and brand to customers, so it is vital that you have clear, succinct communications skills and a proven track record of performance in a previous quota-carrying sales role. You should have previous experience selling high in an organisation and are nervous about selling to just one influencer; you have experience expanding the stakeholder group in the buying organisation to increase the value of the initial deal. Previous experience sourcing leads, creating outbound campaigns, producing pitch slides, and winning net new business is preferred. You should be creative and have proven you can increase the average order value (which the EMEA team historically has the highest globally) through multiple methods.
Reporting into the Chief Revenue Officer, this is a chance to work alongside experienced sales leaders to help shape our sales strategy in this next phase of our growth; we are beginning to see enterprise companies treat the events and their mobile solution as core to their operations and strategy. With our flexible and world-class product, the opportunity is large and the fields are green. Ultimately, we are a growing company, so we need Business Development Managers who will take initiative, learn our product quickly and thoroughly, and bring a positive attitude to work each day.
Key competencies for this role include Salesforce.com CRM experience and Outreach.io (or other sales automation tools).
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Learn the details of the Guidebook content management system and subsequent front-end app, messaging, and sales process while taking on new potential customers and demos.
- Prospect, develop, and close new Guidebook customers in the SMB and Enterprise vertical.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Sell the Guidebook vision to prospects through product demonstrations and target-specific initiatives.
- Work with the Customer Success team to ensure a smooth and successful customer handoff process.
- Develop and execute on a strategic plan for defined verticals and utilise Salesforce.com to manage your pipeline, stay organised, forecast sales activity on a weekly basis, and process contracts.
- Implement your own outbound strategies, from sourcing, to email copy and cold calls, bringing your learnings to the team with the intention to help iterate the outbound sales process as a whole
- Work with product management to translate business needs to product requirements and craft new solutions for customers.
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Identify and implement process improvements to scale the role.
- Work to make the rest of your team better because they should be making you better too!
Other Characteristics of the Ideal Candidate
- 3-year degree or equivalent work experience is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Creating and assessing reports in Salesforce.com
- Outreach.io skills, including Templates, Snippets, Sequences
- Inside and outside sales experience
- Representing the product in-person via trade shows, presentations and lectures
- Working knowledge of macOS and Google Apps suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc)
- SaaS specific sales acumen is a bonus
- Sales training is bonus, such as Miller Heiman or other sales training methodology targeted at Enterprise sales
- Unlimited vacation time, including a one week shutdown during Christmas week
- Stock options
- Awesome company retreats, aka Guidetrips around the UK
- Pension Scheme through the People's Pension
- Participate in our Cycle scheme
- Make your workstation yours: desk customization (hydraulic standing desks; docks/stands; keyboards; whatever else you need to be productive)
- Fully stocked kitchens with every snack and drink your heart desires—including free beer, coffee, and filtered water
- Fancy, free lunches twice a week ordered from local restaurants of your choosing
- Comfortable lounge areas for work and play
- Office in SOHO, London
- Monthly gym membership stipend
- Monthly phone stipend
- Fun group/team outings like movie nights, game nights, and BBQ's