Mid to Senior Level Software Engineer(s)
at Snaptrip in London
(₤35000 - ₤70000 per year)
We’re looking to hire multiple software engineers of varying degrees experience, with remuneration based on experience. We think we’re a great company to work at so if you’d like to join us get in touch for a chat.
We now own and operate 4 different holiday rental marketplaces (Snaptrip, Last Minute Cottages, Big Cottages & Dog Friendly Cottages) receiving over half a million visits a month and driving millions in sales volume. However we’re not stopping there, with a TV ad, and huge growth plans for 2019.
We’re also super friendly (we like to think) and would like you to join us in our journey to become the UK’s best holiday rental marketplace!
- You’ll get to lead many Ruby/RoR initiatives, drive adoption of best practices and help us build up Ruby/RoR expertise
- You’ll be willing to expand horizons, practice a bit of Scala, a bit of data analysis, a bit of devops and many more
- You get to carve your own niche reporting directly to Lead Developer and working closely with the CTO and Head of Product
- Working with your partners in crime, our product team, you’ll come up with quick ways to test features before we build out to production
- Work on scaling out our big product changes
We’re looking for somebody:
- An experienced software engineer with solid Ruby/RoR skills or the dedication and engineering knowledge to learn it quickly
- A proven track record in software development
- Pragmatic as well as opinionated
- Cross functional in nature and ready to jump on anything tech that needs doing
- From a background of a few different sectors so you can bring a wealth of knowledge
- Eager to use the latest technologies but also get their hands dirty
- Embracing responsibility, everything you do will have an impact and we’re data driven so we can measure the difference we make
- Computer Science degree
- Experience in any of the following (we use them all): REST, mongoDB, Scala/Play, Elasticsearch, Redis, Heroku, AWS, messaging, Presto, Data ETL / analysis, Docker – show us your awesome github profile
- Already playing with side projects there is one or two you’re proud of and want to show us
- Competitive salary (based on experience)
- 25 days paid holiday
- A shiny new Macbook
- Stylish central London office near the Thames
- Be part of a young, dynamic and fun team who move technological mountains incredibly quickly
- Free beer and fresh coffee on tap
- Arcade machine… STREET FIGHTER!
- Flexible hours
- Discounts off any Snaptrip!
No agencies will be considered under any circumstances… Not even for free! Please don’t do it, it will make us sad :(