German Country Manager
at Adzuna in London
Adzuna is a job search engine that lists every job, everywhere. From launch in the UK in 2011, we now have more than 10 million visitors a month and are busy conquering the world from our office in West London. Right now, we’re seeking a German Country Manager to join our world class team in helping millions of people find better, more fulfilling jobs.
As Country Manager for one of our most important markets, you will lead the charge to transform German (and Austrian) job search. Your role will be to make sure the development of our site is a continued successful growth story. Uniquely, Country Managers at Adzuna straddle key business areas of marketing planning, execution and traffic growth, as well as commercial growth, account management and business development.
Based in our great Fulham office, you’ll work with a smart team of other Country Managers operating over 16 internationalised websites, overseeing all aspects of your sites internet marketing, including; SEO and PPC, blogging, PR and social media. Additionally, you’ll grow our partner network by building senior level relationships with media companies. You’ll also have the opportunity to manage and mentor Interns and external agencies, who will support your content and outreach efforts, whilst liaising closely with the central Adzuna marketing team to leverage their channel expertise and align German needs with global strategy.
You’ll grow revenue from our pay-per-click advertisers, from an existing blue-chip customer base, as well as through a focus on the acquisition of new customers in order to deliver against stretching sales and revenue targets. Key to your success will be an ability to monitor the metrics for your site and work with everyone in the company to build a great user experience and a profitable fast growing business.
Our opportunity suits a Country Manager that has a passion for creating content that engages audiences, whilst utilising the resulting traffic to develop profitable and lasting client relationships. You’ll have the opportunity to develop two of our key markets and possibly more as we expand our international presence. You’ll hire and manage a team of marketing and sales as the markets grow. You’ll be the face of the business in Germany and Austria, regularly travelling to conferences & exhibitions as well as to meet current and prospective clients and partners.
You’ll be an integral member of our team, building something to be proud of, whilst becoming a part of one of the fastest growing businesses in Europe. It’s a fun and fast-moving environment. Join us!
We don’t like to put people in boxes, but you’re likely to be able to demonstrate experience of or aptitude for much of the below:
Marketing planning, execution and traffic growth;
- Demonstrable proven ability to deliver against ambitious traffic targets, and then find a way to hit and exceed them
- Experience of developing SEO presence through strong in-house operations, link and content development and outsourcing where appropriate
- Can build a powerful social media and PR machine and build brand awareness
- Have an understanding of how to optimise search engine marketing spend
- Can grow a network of traffic partners and affiliates to broaden territory reach
- Tests new channels and approaches, whilst measuring and improving performance and efficiency to maximise growth rate
- Able to project manage the delivery of all local marketing initiatives
Commercial growth, Account Management and Business Development
- Strong commercial understanding of internet marketing/advertising business models (CPC, CPA, CPM etc.)
- Experience of maintaining and growing business from an existing customer base
- Proven ability to grow a balanced portfolio of clients through new customer acquisition
- Able to deliver against stretching sales and revenue targets
Other skills that we value:
- Fluent in English and German.
- You like to roll up your sleeves, be hands-on, entrepreneurial, and thrive on juggling a lot of responsibilities at the same time.
- You are highly numerate.
- You self-identify as a great communicator with an energetic, action-oriented nature.
- You make things happen.
What we offer:
- Stock options
- 25 days holiday
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- A positive attitude towards flexible working and parental leave
- A values-based culture
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Huge learning opportunity from smart, experienced colleagues
- Table tennis table and a program of team social events
- Bright, airy office with roof terrace, in the heart of bustling Fulham Broadway
More about Adzuna:
Adzuna is a search engine for job ads used by over 10 million visitors per month that aims to list every job, everywhere. We search thousands of websites so our users don’t have to, bringing together millions of ads in one place. By providing smarter search options and powerful data about the job market, we give jobseekers the information they need to take control of their careers.
Adzuna.co.uk was founded in 2011 by Andrew Hunter and Doug Monro, formerly of eBay, Gumtree, Qype and Zoopla and is backed by leading Venture Capital firms Passion Capital, LocalGlobe, Index Ventures and Smedvig Capital.
We also supply real-time data to the Number 10 Dashboard and Office for National Statistics labour market indices. In 2018, Adzuna won the contract to run ‘Find a job’, one of the British government’s most used online services. Adzuna’s mission is to be the best place to start looking for a job.
We love using the awesome power of technology to help match people to better, more fulfilling jobs and keep Britain working.
Recent jobs at Adzuna
- Regional Manager - Emerging Markets at Adzuna in London 03-01-2019
- Communications Manager at Adzuna in London 05-02-2019
- Country Manager - the Netherlands at Adzuna in London 15-03-2019